Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

cool tech ground

Old 05-02-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cool tech ground

what are you guys doing with the short wire? i already ran the wire through the tail gate and would hate to take it all apart could i go get another wire and connect them? what gage wire is that also the firefly is hitting the tire? just leave it? im sure both topic s have been hit on i cant find them tho sry
Old 05-02-2012, 11:29 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slappygoeshome
what are you guys doing with the short wire? i already ran the wire through the tail gate and would hate to take it all apart could i go get another wire and connect them? what gage wire is that also the firefly is hitting the tire? just leave it? im sure both topic s have been hit on i cant find them tho sry
I ran it through the grommet with the intent of grounding it to the sub mount per the instructions. However, I never did and the CB worked fine without it grounded. So it just sits there for now.

Not sure about your other question.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MTG
I ran it through the grommet with the intent of grounding it to the sub mount per the instructions. However, I never did and the CB worked fine without it grounded. So it just sits there for now.

Not sure about your other question.

the antenna is flexing off the tire......i would assume this is a common promblem with the stock tire mount
Old 05-02-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

A friend helped me install that kit a couple of months ago. He had the same cb. We did not connect the supplied ground wire and my cb works just fine. The stock spare does cause some deflection, but this does not affect the performance of the cb. All of the receiving and broadcasting occur at the tip of the antenna.

Quick Reply: cool tech ground