Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

First CB Puchase - Any issues w/ this setup?

Old 01-26-2016, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Couple things....
First ditch the FL-series antenna and get a FS-series antenna as it is a top load antenna.
second, take all the powder coat off around ALL the holes you plan to use (mounting and antenna holes) so you can get a good ground. also use a spring or a quick connect, the antenna is only 102in, you need to be at 108in. 108in will put you in the middle of the frequency band.

Last edited by jchappies; 01-26-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Couple things....
First ditch the FL-series antenna and get a FS-series antenna it's a better top load antenna.
second, take all the powder coat off around ALL the holes you plan to use (mounting and antenna holes) so you can get a good ground. also use a spring or a quick connect, the antenna is only 102in, you need to be at 108in
Old 01-26-2016, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jchappies
Couple things.... First ditch the FL-series antenna and get a FS-series antenna it's a better top load antenna. second, take all the powder coat off around ALL the holes you plan to use (mounting and antenna holes) so you can get a good ground. also use a spring or a quick connect, the antenna is only 102in, you need to be at 108in
Thanks for the input. I actually placed the order yesterday and luckily the setup I ordered from Northridge came with the FS-series antenna. Also, ordered the heavy duty spring. Hopefully I'm good to go with this order.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2559121940.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	635776

Quick Reply: First CB Puchase - Any issues w/ this setup?