Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Great location for CB Radio 2015 Rubicon

Old 04-16-2015, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UKCRD
Cool. I'd probably go with the 250 type if you want to be able to remove it often. It takes a fair bit of force to unlock the 250 so I'd figure the 400 would be semi-permanent mount. If you look here you'll see my ICOM handheld ham radio and GPS mic both mounted to the dash using the 250 type.. and they don't move. Here's how I mounted my President Harry II CB. Another pic here.
I ended up buying 3M Scotch stuff at Home Depot. It doesn't say the number count, just that is can hold 10lbs. Seems like it will be more than plenty for the little cb and little speaker. Wasn't sure where to find the dual lock locally is all.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by auceny
I ended up buying 3M Scotch stuff at Home Depot. It doesn't say the number count, just that is can hold 10lbs. Seems like it will be more than plenty for the little cb and little speaker. Wasn't sure where to find the dual lock locally is all.
You probably wouldn't find it easily. I order mine on line. Car restorers will normally have it, though. I'm sure the stuff you got will be fine and if not just order some DL on ebay.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

That looks perfect for my 2014 jku. Just to clarify you used sticky tape with Velcro to attach it to that location? How's it holding up? I want to gear mine towards overlanding and a trip to Overland Expo West in 2016 is in the planning stages with a few friends. A cb would be perfect for us to road trip across the country to get there.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ramoneslobotomy65
I have attached some pictures of where I mounted my uniden 510. Because of its black face it almost looks factory. I also mounted my antenna where my radio antenna used to be. With the satellite radio and 28 gigs of hard drive its makes my radio completely expendable and plus up in the mountains here in Idaho I don't receive radio stations anyway. I hope this might help someone figure out where to put their radio.
Nice and clean. You sold me on the transceiver location. I have a 2014 JKUR, but it's manual. Has anyone with a stick used this location? Is there enough room?
Old 05-22-2015, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was eyeballing this location for a cobra 29 as well, I also have a stick shift. Anyone tried it that has a stick?

Originally Posted by deitrick1
Nice and clean. You sold me on the transceiver location. I have a 2014 JKUR, but it's manual. Has anyone with a stick used this location? Is there enough room?

Quick Reply: Great location for CB Radio 2015 Rubicon