Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

This Has To Be My COOLEST INSTALL YET!!

Old 07-05-2014, 08:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This Has To Be My COOLEST INSTALL YET!!

WRITE UP & PICS

Old 07-07-2014, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does it do besides remind you what your callsign is? Not going to give you too hard of a time but I would imagine having it in the window where it would be visible from outside the vehicle be particularly helpful. Especially in the situation where you're responding in either an emergency or for an event, it would help identify who you are and whether you're on the air or not. I can think of a couple times this would have helped and now have a large sign for my windshield as a result of such a need. Just a thought.

Last edited by CombatDiver; 07-07-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CombatDiver
What does it do besides remind you what your callsign is? Not going to give you too hard of a time but I would imagine having it in the window where it would be visible from outside the vehicle be particularly helpful. Especially in the situation where you're responding in either an emergency or for an event, it would help identify who you are and whether you're on the air or not. I can think of a couple times this would have helped and now have a large sign for my windshield as a result of such a need. Just a thought.
TBH, CD, it's purely deco rational and serves no purpose other than to look cool. It's really just to make my mobile ham shack feel more like a ham shack and is only switched on when I'm in there with my son and stationary.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's cool, I figured as much. But it did get me thinking and now I'm looking for a reflective magnet mount to put on my vehicle when operating remotely. Thanks for the idea!
Old 07-11-2014, 02:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CombatDiver
That's cool, I figured as much. But it did get me thinking and now I'm looking for a reflective magnet mount to put on my vehicle when operating remotely. Thanks for the idea!
You're welcome. Post some pics when you get it done!

Quick Reply: This Has To Be My COOLEST INSTALL YET!!