Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Just ordered Ultramount

Old 04-03-2012, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate guessing on bit size when using screws think i'll just bore and find bolt nut combo. At least then I can use it for more than holding just the mic. I think if they had one more bend on the end I could clip more things on with out worrying about sliding off with hard right turns
Old 04-08-2012, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

So drilled into my versamount. FYI if you have the versamount and have to drill do it before you mount it! Took a hunk out of one of the dash panels. Not to happy.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dayman
So drilled into my versamount. FYI if you have the versamount and have to drill do it before you mount it! Took a hunk out of one of the dash panels. Not to happy.
another reason i'm not going with a traditional full size cb!

i'm wimping out and gonna try the route of the handheld midland cb with a decent firestick antenna

only looking to keep in touch with other people in my group...

matthew
Old 04-08-2012, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

The cb is a cobra 75 which is a handheld the mount is the mic mount cootech versamoun (not so impressed). Love the cooltech ultramount, quality stainless and didn't even have to run a ground for solid swr. love the cb you can't see it when I disconnect, didn't drill additional holes the mic hook up is long enough to just run under dash panels.

Quick Reply: Just ordered Ultramount