Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

looking for cobra 18wsxtII reviews

Old 04-15-2015, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default looking for cobra 18wsxtII reviews

Tried the ol' search button but there was like two people that said they ran them, just no review. Looked at Amazon reviews for it and its all over the board, mostly positive but a majority of the time I read reviews on Amazon they haven't even received the product yet. Or they fall under the "I spent money on this so I don't want to talk bad about it and make my self look like a retard" crowd. So those with this CB can you give me 3 likes 3 dislikes and brief overview? Thanks
Old 04-20-2015, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does anybody know a guy that has one? I was hoping for straight from the horse's mouth but if need be I will take it second hand. OR, if you have a cb that is similar to the 18 let me know.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alright, so after a little hemming and hawing I decided to pull the trigger. Got one from Amazon. Packaging was nice the cb came out with no dings dents or scratches. Initial thoughts were "this is a good size, not to big", then it went to "holy crap the mic on this thing is huge!". So I start to tear my dash apart and wire it up. Get it all wired up and turn it on... nothing. hmm... check on my wires make sure they are good. Check the fuses got a 2amp blown. So I cut all of my wires and connect it straight to the battery and turn it on... nothing, but a burnt fuse. So... I can say that I am not impressed so far. Called and emailed Cobra about it so far no answer. I'm going to try again tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got a message from cobra, send it in and we will fix it or replace it. Excellent. In the meantime I purchased the same model from a gas station by the expressway. Hooked it up and all was well. Want to give a big thanks to JADMT for meeting me today and tuning the antenna. Tried to give him something for his troubles but he wouldn't take it. I swear jeepers are the best! I will give a full review within the next couple of weeks.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Subscribed, I have a Bearcat but if I ever switch to a single din head unit I'd be very much into switching to this.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thoughts

So I have had this in for a little while and was impressed on a cloudy day that I was hearing people from florida and texas. Now I know that their systems was boosted beyond belief and there was no way that I would be able to talk to them but I was still impressed. Now... I have my cb wired into my the cigarette lighter and I have noticed that if I don't turn the CB off before I turn the jeep off, when I start it back up once in a while it will stick on channel 9 or 88. Correct I said 88... Usually I will just turn it off and back on and it will start working again. With the top off and the CB on (and the sun shining) you will not, I repeat will not be able to see the display. The volume is loud enough when going down the highway, with the doors and top off you will certainly have to listen hard to what is going on but other than that volume is bad. Range... honestly I have no idea. Sorry, I haven't talked to anyone. Sad I know. One last thing, I have a 3 foot firestick mounted on the drivers side fender. The mount wasn't exactly bent great to not hit the paint on the fender. I bought a whole roll of topper foam tape and just cut it to fit, works like a charm. If you have any questions on anything other than range feel free to ask.

Quick Reply: looking for cobra 18wsxtII reviews