Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

MOBILE HAM RIG Complete!

Old 07-16-2014, 11:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShawnInPaso
Wow, really first class work. I like the nice touch with the soda can holders too.
LOL! Everyone thinks those are holders. In actual fact they're just dumpy short cans sitting on top of the oak surface. Nothing is holding them.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Oops, guess I should have looked closer. It caught my eye as I had built a small cup holder as a bit of an extension to the armrest in my jeep (sorry no pics right now). Seems my wife can make use of both of the existing cup holders so I created one for myself.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ShawnInPaso
Oops, guess I should have looked closer. It caught my eye as I had built a small cup holder as a bit of an extension to the armrest in my jeep (sorry no pics right now). Seems my wife can make use of both of the existing cup holders so I created one for myself.
I think it's the slight shadow that deceives the eye as you aren't the only person to think there were cup holders there.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bantici
Ok this is the most recent ham radio thread so I'll post this here.. I'm Looking into getting into ham radios with a couple of my friends who live several hours away but I cannot find any repeater locations close to their area... What should I do?
Considering those details my suggestion would be to get new friends. Are you certain there's no repeater between you? There's repeaters all over the place. Repeaters tend to be line of sight usually with some sort of elevation advantage so it depends largely on the terrain between you and them but if that doesn't work HF is the next best thing and has been utilized by several for little further jumps.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CombatDiver
Considering those details my suggestion would be to get new friends. Are you certain there's no repeater between you? There's repeaters all over the place. Repeaters tend to be line of sight usually with some sort of elevation advantage so it depends largely on the terrain between you and them but if that doesn't work HF is the next best thing and has been utilized by several for little further jumps.
I guess the other thing you could try is D-Star if you and your friends are running ICOMs. We use that for backup.

Quick Reply: MOBILE HAM RIG Complete!