Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Need help, which one??

Old 10-17-2016, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help, which one??

Hello guys, I am looking at getting a new CB. I am stuck between Uniden BC980 and the Galaxy DX979. Does anyone have info on these radios. Not sure which one I want. Like them both. Not sure if weather is something I need, but might be wanting it. Not sure. I want a radio that can talk on the trails but also be able to ride skip and talk far away and to talk to truckers on the interstates. ANy info would be great.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wrench78
Hello guys, I am looking at getting a new CB. I am stuck between Uniden BC980 and the Galaxy DX979. Does anyone have info on these radios. Not sure which one I want. Like them both. Not sure if weather is something I need, but might be wanting it. Not sure. I want a radio that can talk on the trails but also be able to ride skip and talk far away and to talk to truckers on the interstates. ANy info would be great.
Both are top radios. The galaxy is old school and the uniden is a newer looking rig. Although I currently have a cobra, which isn't the same class, the uniden is highly rated and much less expensive.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a Uniden Pro 510XL. It works great and has the advantage of being a smaller radio. Small is good to mount in the JK on the footman loop or anywhere else.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Between the two, go with the Uniden. I have the Galaxy DX959. It's OK. Can be tweaked easily, has the frequency counter but if you just looking for a basic radio, go with the 980.

Last edited by MrKenmore; 10-20-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help, which one??