Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Newbie CB question Cobra or Uniden

Old 04-09-2014, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtysJK
well if performance is not a factor i think i'll be sticking to the compact Uniden520 thanks guys.
The receive performance and transmit performance are going to be almost identical on any of these rigs.

The one thing that could be a factor is if a rig has single sideband (SSB). Most CBs have only AM, which is what you'd want 99.9% of the time anyway for CB usage.

If you want to improve the effectiveness of your radio, an external speaker can do wonders, especially in our loud Jeeps. The CB can be mounted out of the way and then a speaker up toward your ear where it matters.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arjeeper
The receive performance and transmit performance are going to be almost identical on any of these rigs.

If you want to improve the effectiveness of your radio, an external speaker can do wonders, especially in our loud Jeeps. The CB can be mounted out of the way and then a speaker up toward your ear where it matters.
For the time being i can just run an aux cable and run it to my stereo correct?
Old 04-09-2014, 02:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtysJK
For the time being i can just run an aux cable and run it to my stereo correct?
An external speaker isn't a requirement, but it's nice. Using a line to your stereo should work, if you'd like. It may sound a bit odd though due to the bass and things it might try to reproduce that a communications-specific speaker wouldn't do. But worth a try!

Quick Reply: Newbie CB question Cobra or Uniden