Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Rear sub box/cover removal

Old 08-11-2014, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear sub box/cover removal

Hey Guys,I was wondering if anybody has got the cover off the rear sub? I just want to run my CB wires with the other jeep wires. Did a search and couldn't find anything. Thanks
Old 08-11-2014, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobodies ever taken it off?
Old 08-11-2014, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It takes three nylon nuts to come off than unplug it and it comes right out. I installed my antenna wires under carpet from there.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No reason to run wires through it...

But I guess that would depend on what year JK you are talking about. The 15 is a whole new location....

Ive pulled mine completely apart from my 2012, sold the enclosure and threw away the sub. The enclosure is held on my just a few bolts/nuts to the tub. some of the parts just unhook. The sub screen was just screwed on... then you can pull out the sub and unhook the plug.

Under the carpet in the tub (under the upper body rail) is a wire loom that is just held to the body you can run a wire down. If you want, you can stuff the other wire under the rubber door seals for the tailgate and have it come out wherever you want. Both sides of the tub have the wire loom in case you want it on either side. The passenger side you can atleast follow it into the tailgate through the same hole as the 3rd brake light wires.

Quick Reply: Rear sub box/cover removal