Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Uniden bearcat??

Old 03-05-2015, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bearcat Speaker location

Where is the speaker on these units? I am thinking of mounting an 880 or 980 in the dash below an aftermarket single din radio head unit. I have seen it done on the forum before and was wondering how guys get away with that without an external speaker?
Old 03-05-2015, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tnwhitejk
Where is the speaker on these units? I am thinking of mounting an 880 or 980 in the dash below an aftermarket single din radio head unit. I have seen it done on the forum before and was wondering how guys get away with that without an external speaker?
You just add an external speaker. That's all I did. I also opened up my CB(980) and unplugged the internal speaker.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

What mounting bracket is everyone using to mount the 980 to the footman loop? I have read that the Rugged Ridge mounting bracket may not be heavy duty enough for full size radios, considerable bounce on trails. Anyone have any problems with the RR bracket?
Old 05-09-2015, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mojave Meck
What mounting bracket is everyone using to mount the 980 to the footman loop? I have read that the Rugged Ridge mounting bracket may not be heavy duty enough for full size radios, considerable bounce on trails. Anyone have any problems with the RR bracket?
I made my own for a buddy's Cobra. Pretty cheap and worked great. Can't find a pic but I got some P clamps and two small L brackets. Drilled a couple holes in the mount also. I'll try to get you a picture of just the mount.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 11-30-2015, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Does the setup with the cb just below the latch for the hard top, interfere with anything?
Old 12-04-2015, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tnwhitejk
I put my ext speaker behind the dash in that panel that unclips under steering wheel. Can't see it and easy to hear

Quick Reply: Uniden bearcat??