Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Warning about OPEK swr meter.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warning about OPEK swr meter.

Warning the swr meter does not work correctly. Got a call from my cousin that just installed new radio and antenna. He was in a panic because his swr reading was pegged out. Took both of my swr meters over to his place and both of mine showed that he had only 1.2:1 so if anyone has that meter ( OPEK ) your system may be fine, try a different meter.
He had just bought it yesterday at a Radio Shack franchise store so it may be available at various stores.
The unit has two switches and a knob and is supposed to read power and swr with just one meter.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a riminder if you just bought a new swr meter and says you have horrible swr make sure it is not this meter because if it is then your swr might be just fine. That meter does not read it correctly.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replying to this with my experience just now. I have the same Opek SWR-2T SWR meter, and the INSTRUCTIONS ARE WRONG as to where you plug in each cable.

The correct sides are written on the front of the unit. The paper instructions say the opposite and will obviously say your radio isn't working.

I made a change in my setup and bought one of these off eBay, and when it was pegging the needle, I was pissed off about having to rip things apart to find the problem. I hope this helps someone!

Quick Reply: Warning about OPEK swr meter.