Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Which wire to tap for Dimmer

Old 09-17-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll probably use the one in the stack since my wire bundle going through to the engine bay already has 8 wires Thanks!!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are you getting the remote head with your scanner? A bit pricey at ~180, but it solves lost of problems.......
Old 09-17-2007, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

any wire as long as its on the output side of the BCM is ok, which those console lights are
Old 11-01-2016, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am wiring LED rocker switches to my A pillar switch pod and the switches have 5 pins. One of the pins is supposed to connect to power (dimmer switched power recommended) so that switch will be constant lit when the headlights/parking lights are on. Has anyone done this? Is it best to tie into that wire behind the climate controls? Or the Power window controls in the center of the console? I have four switches that need this power. Is it ok to tie them all into one wire with 4 taps? one wire spliced to four switches or should I try and find 4 separate locations to tap into?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Which wire to tap for Dimmer