Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Yaesu seperation kit

Old 01-17-2016, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yaesu seperation kit

I have an ft-8800r and infont want to spend the extra money for the seperation kit that appears to be nothing more than a long cable and piece of plastic. Has any one found an alternative to mounting the Ft-800 or ft-8900 without using the kit?
Old 01-19-2016, 11:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't have that rig, but the cable is basically CAT5. If you go over to eHam.net and search for Yaesu separation cable you will find the details.

FWIW, my Icom radio has the same deal, high priced kit which can be had by spending a few bucks for CAT5 cable.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:16 PM
Owl
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Angry_Fisherman
I have an ft-8800r and infont want to spend the extra money for thse seperation kit that appears to be nothing more than a long cable and piece of plastic. Has any one found an alternative to mounting the Ft-800 or ft-8900 without using the kit?
Take a look on eBay. Looks like the kit can be had for $20 or so. Probably not factory, but if the seller has been there awhile, there's usually some sort of guarantee.

Quick Reply: Yaesu seperation kit