Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

11 JK keeps dying. help!

Old 01-05-2017, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the terminals on the battery. My 2014 died and it was a lose terminal connector which on mine were like clips which did not hold the battery terminal tightly.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Fuel Pump Relay Maybe?

Wonder if you are having the same issue I had in my 2011 Chrysler Town & Country. I had a bad fuel pump relay in the TIPM. My relay was weak and would not kick the fuel pump on when turning the key on but another failure mode is that it may stick closed causing the fuel pump to continue to run after the key is turned off which will drain your battery.

Check out this site if you think this could be a possibility.

Vertical Visions - TIPM Test/Bypass Cables and Repairs, Engineering Services
Old 01-08-2017, 05:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepjkgrrl
It's an auto. And I tried....was stuck in park
You turn the key to on and you should be able to shift it.

A friend of mine had the same problem and that would solve it every time. Some sort of safety switch in the transmission.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

If after you replaced the alternator, starter and battery and still you JK is not starting. Replace the battery cable harness. $125-240 depending on where you buy it. I found My mopar to be the cheapest
Old 08-31-2017, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

Default engine died

Same issue I was sitting in my driveway just going to put it in reverse everything died strange part was that the tach still showed 1000 rpm even though the engine was dead. I checked the battery and everything is clean tight and shows 12.44 volts . but when I turn key there is nothing no clicks anything.I put an obd on it but all it showed was dead battery.I am at a loss as to why as it ran fine all day.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:56 AM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by crowfoote
Same issue I was sitting in my driveway just going to put it in reverse everything died strange part was that the tach still showed 1000 rpm even though the engine was dead. I checked the battery and everything is clean tight and shows 12.44 volts . but when I turn key there is nothing no clicks anything.I put an obd on it but all it showed was dead battery.I am at a loss as to why as it ran fine all day.
Suggest to first take the battery out and have a load test done on it. Batteries can be on the verge of failing, then just bite the dust.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check your battery ground cable(chassis ground) and be sure its tight.
Remember electricity flows from negative to positive so if the ground is bad your not getting anything....hell add another ground cable off the battery to another chassis ground point if you have to.

Quick Reply: 11 JK keeps dying. help!