Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2007 Wrangler P0158 code and 4wd dash light issues

Old 01-27-2016, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Wrangler P0158 code and 4wd dash light issues

Just before Christmas my NEW transmission went in my 2007 Sahara. It was replaced under warranty (it was 18 months old) and when I got it back the check engine light started coming on showing an oxygen sensor issue. They reset it 3 times before deciding to replace it. Before the back ordered sensor came in I lost power and the check engine light started flashing. I drove directly to the dealership and was told the PCM was now gone so I had it replaced. When I picked it up I noticed the 4WD indicator light on the dash stayed on about 30 seconds then went out. Before I got off the dealers lot the check engine light came on. They said the PCM was faulty so they ordered another one. I picked it up today and noticed the 4WD dash light once again stayed on for 30 seconds then went out when you first start the engine. I drove the jeep for about an hour during which the 4WD light came on and off once. When I put the jeep in 4WD it took the indicator light about 20 seconds to come on yet it was in 4WD, and when I took it out of 4WD the light stayed on for about 20 seconds then went out. I shut the jeep off then started it again and this time no 4WD indicator light came on. As I drove down the street the check engine light came on again. I am beyond being pissed off just sullen now as I have no idea what to do beyond going back to the dealer. The O2 sensor was also replaced at the same time the PCM was replaced the first time. Any suggestions out there? Current Kilometers is 136,000
Old 02-05-2016, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default Oxygen sensor issue fixed

They replaced another oxygen sensor and the light has stayed off. The 4wd indicator light on the dash still works intermittently and delays coming on and going off when shifted in and out of 4 wd.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know, but feel your pain. I have random issues with my control module and have since new, bugs the crap out of me. Windows will stop working, radio won't come on or won't change volume or won't change channels, door locks, lights - they never happen together and will usually go away by either cycling the key off and opening the door or disconnecting the neg batt cable for about 5 minutes.

Let us know if they get this fixed
Old 02-06-2016, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
I don't know, but feel your pain. I have random issues with my control module and have since new, bugs the crap out of me. Windows will stop working, radio won't come on or won't change volume or won't change channels, door locks, lights - they never happen together and will usually go away by either cycling the key off and opening the door or disconnecting the neg batt cable for about 5 minutes.

Let us know if they get this fixed
I will. I am going back again to the dealer.

Quick Reply: 2007 Wrangler P0158 code and 4wd dash light issues