Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2011/2012 "OFFROAD" Cluster of Switches - Add to Sahara

Old 03-22-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Daystar 11-12 lower dash switch kit. Looks pro and way easier and inexpensive with the option of adding 5 switches. Just got it delivered last night.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
Actually. I think your were correct in your first assumption that the switches are just momentary. And the function is controled by the programing. I think that you could just simply strip the comm board off of the back. Strip down to the basic function of the switches. Then connect the approprate relays to make them sing. I know that the hardware is available in higher voltage control devices to accomplish this. But I do not know if the hardware is available in a 12 volt DC control schem.
If you tackle it be sure to document! I'm not personally interested, but there are always those who want OEM switches to control different circuits than what they're intended for. Good luck!

Originally Posted by ninjamaster
Daystar 11-12 lower dash switch kit. Looks pro and way easier and inexpensive with the option of adding 5 switches. Just got it delivered last night.
Looks good for automatic transmissions ... manuals have to stick with the RR A-pillar pod.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

I've been looking for the exact same thing. I just found this which may work out, I haven't tried it and not sure if I will end up going this route.
Jeep Part 4602508AF - OEM Switch Panel - - 4 Wheel Parts
I just noticed this is the panel for the earlier JK's, but it looks like it would still fit in place on the newer interior and you may be able to re-purpose those extra 3 switches.

Last edited by Keir; 04-29-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

I know is an old thread, but I really need the part number to the OEM switch pod as seen on the 3rd reply. I can't find the part number for the life of me. Thanks for any and all help...

-=FM45=-

Quick Reply: 2011/2012 "OFFROAD" Cluster of Switches - Add to Sahara