Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2012+ Battery Terminals

Old 07-19-2015, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012+ Battery Terminals

I tried searching this with no luck. Has anyone upgraded their battery terminals on a 2012 and up JK. I had to replace (and upgrade) the battery this weekend after my winch completely drained and killed my stock battery. During the battery exchange I broke the bolt for the positive terminal connection while tightening the nut. Before the bolt broke, the terminal was still pretty loose on the post. Just curious if anyone has replaced the crappy, thin terminals with something more heavy duty that gets a better connection to the post.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I have not

But I have seen This:

Quadratec Exclusive JK-HDBT12 - Quadratec® Extreme Duty Battery Terminals for 12-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Might work well for winch hook up to.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default After thinking about it.

I believe this is what your looking for. Good luck!

Performance Tool W1686C - Performance Tool Deluxe Lead Battery Terminal - Quadratec
Old 07-21-2015, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rescue7
Thanks for the input! I saw this, but it looked like it was just the part that connected the other wires to the main terminal (maybe I am incorrect about that).
Old 07-21-2015, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rescue7
This is the type of terminal I'm looking for (to get a better connection to the battery post), except I need to be able to tie the additional wiring into it somehow. Maybe I could somehow tie both of your recommendations in together???
Old 07-21-2015, 01:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The military style connections look pretty good to me. They have a long stud to accept multiple attachments. The only reason I haven't already done it is because it will involve de-soldering the oem setup and soldering on a new connection. May still do it though, just haven't decided yet.

Amazon.com: Pico 0810PT Military Style Top Post Battery Terminal 1 Set Positive and Negative per Package: Automotive
Old 07-23-2015, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
The military style connections look pretty good to me. They have a long stud to accept multiple attachments. The only reason I haven't already done it is because it will involve de-soldering the oem setup and soldering on a new connection. May still do it though, just haven't decided yet. Amazon.com: Pico 0810PT Military Style Top Post Battery Terminal 1 Set Positive and Negative per Package: Automotive
Yeah that sounds like a lot of work for new terminals, lol. I do like those terminals though.

Quick Reply: 2012+ Battery Terminals