Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2012 Uconnect SW update (RES,REQ,RHB & RBZ only)

Old 03-17-2014, 03:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@ lakejeep,
Thanks for the compliment. I found out years ago as a tech to be willing to learn something whenever the chance comes around. I'll be the first to say that I don't know everything but if I don't know, I will work on finding out.
I'm glad that any information that I have posted was able to help you out.

Originally Posted by lakejeep
Sounds like xsdbs knows his sh$&, i think I'd listen to him, I learned a lot from this post
Old 03-17-2014, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, after reading your informative post, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that your very informed and know what your talking about, and with all the information out there today, if your willing to research you can find any answer but getting an answer from someone who "knows" it works is priceless, thx
Old 03-26-2014, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks again. I do appreciate it.

Originally Posted by lakejeep
Hey, after reading your informative post, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that your very informed and know what your talking about, and with all the information out there today, if your willing to research you can find any answer but getting an answer from someone who "knows" it works is priceless, thx
Old 04-23-2014, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by xsdbs
For 2012 vehicles build prior to 1-1-2012, this is the update that is used by the dealers for TSB 08-018-12.

ok, Here's the instructions:
Download this file that I have on Mediafire onto a thumb drive that has been formatted to FAT32 and then Place this thumb drive in the USB connector mounted either in the glove box or the center console. Press & release the uconnect phone button and say “set up, software update”. You will start to hear some beeps. This process will take about 20 – 25 minutes. It’s a good size file. During the beeps, the radio screen will in an update mode, when the beeps are done and the screen goes back to the radio then the process should be complete. Just wait for a few seconds after the radio starts to play before removing the thumb drive. Turn the key off, open & close the driver’s door. Wait about 30 seconds then turn the key on. After radio powers up wait about 15 seconds, then press and hold the uconnect phone button for about 15 seconds, the radio will start to say a few options and then something like please attach usb….. And then there will be a software version that comes up on the screen. Should be 63.02.48 V: HS: d2 or d1. When you see this
release
the button, press and release it again. The radio will show the radio screen now. Let me know how it works out for you. Thank you,
You will also need to delete the current pairing of the phone to Uconnect and the Uconnect to the phone, then start the new pairing session.

Here's the link for the file:
uconnect.upd

Am I missing something here? there is no link for the file.

Also, I have been trying a few different files with no luck, and all of them have said "Update not compatible". I tried both HS and LS from the 2011 thread here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...radios-241022/

Not sure if the one in this thread is the one I would need or not, so any help there will be appreciated.

My build date is 5/2011 and I have a 130 RES unit.

Last edited by ArkAngel06; 04-23-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same message with a 2011 RHB 430N head unit. Very interested in finding the answer. How do you tell what version you are currently running?
Old 04-28-2014, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hello,
The first problem is that the quoted posting is for 2012 vehicles with the RES, REQ, RBZ or RHB radios and yours is an early 2011 built vehicle. You'll need the update for the 2011's, the link that you posted in your reply is for the Bluetooth streaming audio sound quality which has to be done after an earlier SW update for the 2011 vehicles. If you try doing it by itself and never had performed the first update, then the sound quality won't find the SW versions that it supports. So you'll need to try the updates in the order that I have in the thread posted below. Let me know how it goes.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...e-info-255388/

Originally Posted by ArkAngel06
Am I missing something here? there is no link for the file.

Also, I have been trying a few different files with no luck, and all of them have said "Update not compatible". I tried both HS and LS from the 2011 thread here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...radios-241022/

Not sure if the one in this thread is the one I would need or not, so any help there will be appreciated.

My build date is 5/2011 and I have a 130 RES unit.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Prior to 2012, the radios did not support being able to read the Uconnect module SW version, so there are 2 ways to find out what you have:
1) with the Chrysler scan tool,
2) by getting to the module and reading it manually from the label.

2011 vehicles will have either 43.01.10 or 43.01.30 prior to the Uconnect SW update that released in June of 2011. Once the update(s) have been applied, then the SW version will be 43.01.40.
If you haven't applied the SW updates yet, then I just posted a link for ArkAngel06 in the above reply.
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Dlampe
I had the same message with a 2011 RHB 430N head unit. Very interested in finding the answer. How do you tell what version you are currently running?
Old 10-14-2014, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Prior to 2012, the radios did not support being able to read the Uconnect module SW version, so there are 2 ways to find out what you have: 1) with the Chrysler scan tool, 2) by getting to the module and reading it manually from the label. 2011 vehicles will have either 43.01.10 or 43.01.30 prior to the Uconnect SW update that released in June of 2011. Once the update(s) have been applied, then the SW version will be 43.01.40. If you haven't applied the SW updates yet, then I just posted a link for ArkAngel06 in the above reply. Hope this helps.
xsdbs
I been reading your posts for several days trying to sift through the SW updates and different version and most of what I've read is for 2011 and newer. So to save some time I thought I'd just go to the expert and ask for info for older JKs. I have a 2007 JKU with an RES 130 head unit that has the Uconnect button on it. I bought it used and that's all I know about it. I would like to get the full potential out of this radio unit so I was going to purchase a MOPAR Uconnect hands freeBluetooth® wireless phone add on accessory, part number 82212159 from an eBay Mopar dealer. Can you walk me through the steps and parts I'll need to get hands free phoning and be able to play music from my iphone through the stereo. Any information pertaining to my year Jeep will very helpful and appreciated.
Thanks Ron L.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Researching an issue with stuttering with Bluetooth music, phone calls are fine, I came across this post on updating the external Uconnect modules. Tried your method(s) and am interested to find out why I have been unsuccessful.

Vehicle
Year/Model: 2011 Ram 2500
Date of Manufacture: 10/2010

Radio
Model: RHB (originally equipped with a RES)
Software: 50.01.01

Attempts
- Tried the file “43.1.40 HS bitpool uconnect.upd” on a 4GB thumbdrive formatted FAT32.
- Tried both the Radio and Glovebox ports. (using the radio port gets a “no files” message on the radio)
- saying “set up, software update” fails. Listening to the “set up” menu she lists, no “software update” is spoken.

Appreciate any insight you can offer. Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: 2012 Uconnect SW update (RES,REQ,RHB & RBZ only)