Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2014 JKURX Amp and Alarm (w/ Remote Start) locations?

Old 08-16-2014, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2014 Unlimited Rubicon X with "Upgraded" Alpine stero and am trying to find the factory amp and the alarm box if anyone knows where they are located? Also any wiring diagrams or color codes would be awesome. I am trying to upgrade the stereo and augment the alarm with other sensors and other capabilities. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Just starting to research this myself. From what I've seen and heard the amp might be an internal component of the radio possibly since 2012. I would like to retain the factory HU, wheel controls, and uconnect USB port and mic but might not be an option. I'd like to start with just correcting the audio output signal to the rear channels on my 2013 Sport before changing any of the components. Starting to think the only options are to hack the factory programming of the HU or go with an aftermarket HU and a metra harness for the wheel controls. I don't think anyone has come up with a hack yet. So stupid that my wife's 2013 patriot has the same radio but Chrysler didn't screw with the programming so it sounds awesome compared to mine.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joecam
I have a 2014 Unlimited Rubicon X with "Upgraded" Alpine stero and am trying to find the factory amp and the alarm box if anyone knows where they are located? Also any wiring diagrams or color codes would be awesome. I am trying to upgrade the stereo and augment the alarm with other sensors and other capabilities. Thanks.
Amp is up under the dash near your left knee behind the speaker. Amp is silver and held in place by one screw and a couple tabs. No idea where the so called alarm is.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Hi Matt,
Thank you very much! I will take a look for that.
Joe

Quick Reply: 2014 JKURX Amp and Alarm (w/ Remote Start) locations?