Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2015 alpine sub

Old 03-13-2015, 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mwtrent
Are these subs passive or active? I wouldn't mind doubling them up somehow.
Definitely passive. The factory amplifier powers it. It does not have a self contained amplifier just for it.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Will the factory sub fit in a 2011 jk? I have an indent in the same spot but I'm not sure if it's the same shape as the newer jk's.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2013 Jku with the rear sub. I completely changed the stereo and all speakers. I would love to trade for a sub delete panel.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AfterFXCustoms
i have a brand new subwoofer for sale. we removed it so we could build a bigger system. $ 75.00
if that is the new in-floor model, you are asking too little. I personally don't think it is much better than the old models that were in the side wall, but I bet you could get double for it. I sold my old side sub for $200.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattk11
if that is the new in-floor model, you are asking too little. I personally don't think it is much better than the old models that were in the side wall, but I bet you could get double for it. I sold my old side sub for $200.
Actually, the Alpine in floor sub sounds way better than the previous side mount subs. I though the Infinity in my old '07 sounded terrible.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Actually, the Alpine in floor sub sounds way better than the previous side mount subs. I though the Infinity in my old '07 sounded terrible.
You are right, it is a lbetter than the old one. Still muddy, underpowered and in a bad location but better.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think the new 9 speaker alpine system sounds much better than the old alpine premium system.
The new system is cambered, each speaker is isolated from the other.
For a stock system, I think it sounds great.
The amp that drives this new system is around 15 channels, so as far as I know the new sub doesn't have a dedicated amp.
The old system is not chambered and is why everyone would poly fill the sound bar.
No need to do that on the new.
If you check YouTube, there's a video with one of the alpine engineers that gives a good overview of the system.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ikaros
I think the new 9 speaker alpine system sounds much better than the old alpine premium system. The new system is cambered, each speaker is isolated from the other. For a stock system, I think it sounds great. The amp that drives this new system is around 15 channels, so as far as I know the new sub doesn't have a dedicated amp. The old system is not chambered and is why everyone would poly fill the sound bar. No need to do that on the new. If you check YouTube, there's a video with one of the alpine engineers that gives a good overview of the system.
I'm sure Alpine was embarrassed by putting their badge on the old Infinity system. They had to do something to save face. I would have liked to have seen them place the sub under the back seat so it wasn't in the rear anymore, but I'm sure the storage spot in the back was the path of least resistance. If they could have figured out a spot under the rear seat that still allows it to fold down, they would have eliminated the problems associated with an open air vehicle, a fully loaded cargo area, use of a cargo cover and potential weather related water damage (although it is supposedly waterproof). It still pisses me off I paid for the Old Alpine upgrade, then had to tear it all out because it was so bad.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattk11
You are right, it is a lbetter than the old one. Still muddy, underpowered and in a bad location but better.
Yeah, I would have liked to see more power to the sub. I would have rather seen them go with a 10" sub with a couple hundred watts going to it. The new Alpine mids and highs definitely overpower the sub, and could easily keep up with something much bigger.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

More thoughts on the 2015+ Alpine system and sub?

I wish they would have made the sub round so aftermarket subs could be swapped in with ease.

Quick Reply: 2015 alpine sub