Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited at $1500

Old 09-30-2015, 01:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited at $1500

Alright gang, I think I'm about ready to pull the trigger and finish up my JK's stereo. For those of you playing at home I was originally debating on running 3 way components up front but have since decided that's going to be to much work and require a dedicated DSP which just isn't in the budget or something I want to mess with in a Jeep. So after some listening and auditioning here's what I've come up with.

Head Unit: HuiFei Android Based Head Unit (RK3188 Proc, 1024x600res)
Fronts: Focal PS165V's in the stock locations. ($300 on Crutchfield)
Rears: Focal PS165V's in the roll bar with the tweeter flushed in. ($300 on Crutchfield)
Amp: Alpine PDX-V9 in the factory amp location under the steering column. ($470 on Amazon)
Sub: JL Audio CP108LG-W3W in the rear. ($210 on Amazon)
Line Level Adapter: AudioControl Matrix Plus ($100)
Sub Control Knob: Alpine RUX-KNOB ($20 on Amazon)
Backup Camera: SunroadTek CCD 18 LED HD Camera w/ Nigh Vision ($20 on Amazon)

Minus the head unit which isn't part of the budget I'm coming in at $1420 which is below my budget. I'm throwing in the Line Level adapter as I'm worried about the head units meager 2v preamp outputs. I'm hoping that putting a full set of components in the roll bar will help to deal with loss of high end at speed with the hard top panels off and the windows down. I don't need a ton of bass so the single 8 should be enough, although Matt11K's underseat sub box does look appealing.

Any thoughts on the build? Any changes you'd recommend?

My wiring map:

Old 10-01-2015, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing I might change would be the HU. Sometimes those Chinese Android HUs have some issues, but some of them are really good. It does seem like that's one of the better ones, so I'd say your build looks pretty solid!
Old 10-07-2015, 01:23 PM
JK Super Freak

I pulled the trigger and ordered all my parts yesterday.

Fronts: Focal PS165V's in the stock locations. ($300 on Crutchfield)
Rears: Focal PS165V's in the roll bar with the tweeter flushed in. ($300 on Crutchfield)
Amp: Alpine PDX-V9 in the factory amp location under the steering column. ($470 on Amazon)
Sub: JL Audio CP110LG-TW1 in the rear. ($230 on Amazon)
Sub Control Knob: Alpine RUX-KNOB ($20 on Amazon)
Backup Camera: SunroadTek CCD 18 LED HD Camera w/ Nigh Vision ($20 on Amazon)

I was able to find the CP110LG-TW1 10" sub on Crutchfield for the same price after shipping as the 8" would have cost me. My plan right now is to install one set of Focal's in the dash and the other in the sound bar. Since I have a 2015 my sound bar is different than the previous versions in that it's already sealed and won't require poly fill. It also have spots for 3" drivers as well as the 6 1/2". If I find the tweeters to bright up there I might replace them with a wide band driver instead.

I'm still looking for a line level adapter in the $200 range. I will likely end up using the AudioControl Matrix Plus but I want to see if there's any DSP options available in that price range.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

I have one I bought off of eBay I will sell. I bought it for my setup, ended up not using it. I have a pioneer 4100nex, pdx-v9, mtx-10 flat sub/mtx stealth box, Polk speakers front and rear, pioneer backup camera, poly fill and sound deadened the bar and the roof of my hardtop, poly FIL the fronts too and sub box.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20151007_222540.png
Views:	412
Size:	334.6 KB
ID:	626634

$80
Old 10-08-2015, 06:51 AM
JK Super Freak

How do you like the MTX?
Old 10-08-2015, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

It's the FPR shallow series in the Jeep wrangler stealth box. I love it, it's not beating down the block or setting off car alarms but it is very nice and tight and I have it hooked up to the PDXV9 using the bass knob which stays at 50%
Old 10-17-2015, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Skippman,
did you install the Alpine PDX-V9 in the dash?
I am considering one and would like to know if it fits. Also, do you have any installation tips to pass along?
How is your system working?

Thank you,

Brent
Old 10-26-2015, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bbrown626
Skippman,
did you install the Alpine PDX-V9 in the dash?
I am considering one and would like to know if it fits. Also, do you have any installation tips to pass along?
How is your system working?

Thank you,

Brent
Brent,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Been a very hectic week with relatives in from out of town and two in the hospital. I haven't mounted the amp yet as I was waiting on a couple final parts to come in and wanted to do the entire system at one time. I saw you did yours. Any notes about installing it there? Pics?

Odds are I'm going to end up installing it under the passenger seat using a mounting plate I bought offline. If I can talk my installer into mounting it in the dash I'd be MUCH happier however. My big problem is I have to hide 4 pairs of crossovers since I'm running two sets of Focal components. Each pair of speakers comes with 4 crossovers as they're designed to be bi-amp-able. Basically each driver and tweeter has it's own crossover.

I should be getting this done this week. The last thing I need is a better mic than the one my head unit uses internally. I just wish I could connect it to my uConnect mic but to my understanding that's a "digital" mic.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:36 AM
JK Newbie

I put the microphone that came with my head unit in the same location as the Uconnect. The Uconnect mic wasn't to hard to get out and I was able to use the grill for it with the new mic. So far it is just as clear if not clearer than the Uconnect mic.

Quick Reply: 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited at $1500