Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

430N backup camera

Old 10-09-2014, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry wrong spot
Old 10-10-2014, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

Did it and works great!!!! Brought my Jeep to my dealer they installed AEV JK Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Drop Brackets, JK High Steer Kit, Rigid SR-M Flush Mount Back Up Light Kit and the PAC CHYRVD with Gino 1/4" CCD Flush Mount Waterproof Truck Car Reverse Backup Rear View Camera.

Very happy, they charged $640 all in and I could not be happier, I had just replaced my Bilstein 5100 shocks with King OEM Performance Series Shocks. I have to say the Jeep could not be better to drive and live with. Not being able to see behind you with a 35 rear spare and weak as crap back up lights was just bad.

Love my Jeep!!!

Merlinn
Old 10-13-2014, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default Finally Working

I went to the service department today thinking the issue was with my radio. They told me that the radio was fine and that I installed everything correctly and that they think my camera is not sending the right signal. I thought they were full of it because i am using the same camera that others have used on here. I left and thought what do I do now. I went to a friends sound shop and he had a camera that used the same power and video connection so I didn't have to rewire anything just unplug and plug in the new camera and what do you know it worked like a champ. Not in a million years would I have thought the camera was the issue because it showed up perfectly on the TV and portable DVD players I plugged it into. Problem solved!!
Old 10-19-2014, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Got mine installed today! Had a buddy laser me out some mounts from aluminum that sandwich between the wheel and carrier. Fits great and looks great. The aluminum is stout but pliable to adjust for the desired angle. I had him start me a pilot where the center of the camera is supposed to be that way I just had to drill out the specific size for my camera. I used the one that everybody else here is using and the pac interface plug for the back of the radio. Now I just have to go get hosed at the dealer and have them turn it on! Whatcha think? btw......its not upside down...just didnt get the Jeep symbol on the wheel on the bottom!

Old 10-20-2014, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

Nicely done!
Old 10-29-2014, 11:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

This thread has been super educational. I wasn't sure which direction to go, this or Navtool/Lockpick, but I got lucky when my dealer unlocked the reverse camera feature for free. And then after I put the harness and camera in my Amazon cart, I discovered I had a $30 gift card, so my total out of pocket is $14.89 -- score!

Got any tips for threading the wires through the 10A bumper? Looking underneath, I don't see how to do it without removing the hitch and/or bumper.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Does anyone sell, or interested in selling a spare tire mount for the cameras? This thread has some great ones that were made by people with the skills, and I would be interested in buying one.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty simple to fabricate...1.5" x 6 " ...bend into a Z ...attach camera

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1062278307.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	582697
Old 11-03-2014, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bsebesta
Does anyone sell, or interested in selling a spare tire mount for the cameras? This thread has some great ones that were made by people with the skills, and I would be interested in buying one.
My buddy still has this on his cad and said he could whip one out for ya but it would be 15 bux
Old 11-06-2014, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by billycj7
My buddy still has this on his cad and said he could whip one out for ya but it would be 15 bux
I'm interested but couldn't send you a PM

Quick Reply: 430N backup camera