Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

430n GPS Swap what do I need?

Old 10-30-2014, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 430n GPS Swap what do I need?

Looking to swap in a 430n next weekend, do I need anything else besides the unit itself? my jeep does nave bluetooth and the full set of buttons on the steering wheel for radio control. any heelp would be awesome .
Old 10-30-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rescue7
Looking to swap in a 430n next weekend, do I need anything else besides the unit itself? my jeep does nave bluetooth and the full set of buttons on the steering wheel for radio control. any heelp would be awesome .
I swapped out my basic radio with satellite radio for the 430N RHB and it was plug and play for me. I also have the steering wheel controls and like I said, it's plug and play. Just some thoughts and ideas below that I ran into or found in my search in this forum and I hope you find it helpful.

You should be good to go but you may consider the Lockpick V.5 which is a nice feature but it runs around $239 on Ebay. The MYGIG LOCKPICK V.5 to allowed me to override the radio and save me from going to the dealership to unlock certain features as listed below. I believe I have heard quotes near or over $100.

Lockpick Features:

Lockpick Complete Multimedia Override Interface
Compatible with select Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles
Allows DVDs to play while the vehicle is in motion
Satellite TV can be played while vehicle is in motion (in equipped vehicles)
USB update ability will keep Lockpick up to date with all the latest updates
Navigation address input while vehicle is in motion (in vehicles with factory navigation)
Unlocks the video button, even if the dealer has previously blocked it
On aftermarket installations, allows the turn-on of backup reverse camera input
Allows the factory reverse camera to be turned on at any time
Front camera can be turned on at any time
The front camera can automatically be enabled when driving below 8mph
Enables an audio/video input by turning on VES in non equipped vehicles
Unlocks the auxiliary inputs in vehicles that are VES equipped
With optional microphone, factory navigation radios are compatible with uconnect and voice recognition
Uses the factory radio buttons
Does not require the installation of switches
No loss of navigation features while unlocked
Provides a accessory power for aftermarket components
Cameras are powered and controlled by the Lock Pick harness without the need for extra wiring or switches
Performance Timer allows you to acceleration time from 0 To 60 in 100ths of a second or top speed reached in 10 seconds
Simple connection of aftermarket bluetooth kits in standard non-navigation radios
Specific functions can be turned on or off with programmable dip switches
Does not require the cutting of any wires

You might need to punch in a four digit code like I did which was 0000 to get the system to fire up when I turned on the radio. I freaked initially since it wasn't a theft protected radio but found help on this forum. If you already have the code you're set.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! Thank you that's pretty much everything I needed to know, that lock pick sounds like a no brainer!!
Old 11-02-2014, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

where are you guys finding the best deals on the OEM nav? Any years in specific that anyone has issues with? I know when I Had a kk, the 11+ was a high speed canbus and the low speed would not read with the canbus.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by crippled
where are you guys finding the best deals on the OEM nav? Any years in specific that anyone has issues with? I know when I Had a kk, the 11+ was a high speed canbus and the low speed would not read with the canbus.
I found my 430N RHB on Ebay for $600 (bid and won) and there are plenty other deals on Ebay as well. Definitely be mindful of the speed based on your vehicle year (hi or low speed) as you mentioned. Mine is a 2011 and therefore high speed canbus system. OEM Autoparts Company will have these radios ranging from $800 plus and they can provide everything you need. I used this forum to narrow down what needed and how to install. People on here rock and provide awesome help.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeepTerp
I found my 430N RHB on Ebay for $600 (bid and won) and there are plenty other deals on Ebay as well. Definitely be mindful of the speed based on your vehicle year (hi or low speed) as you mentioned. Mine is a 2011 and therefore high speed canbus system. OEM Autoparts Company will have these radios ranging from $800 plus and they can provide everything you need. I used this forum to narrow down what needed and how to install. People on here rock and provide awesome help.
I just purchased a 2012 Sahara Wrangler with the 430N. I'm going aftermarket. I'm planning on selling it. If you or anyone is interested let me know. I'll let it go for $500.

Quick Reply: 430n GPS Swap what do I need?