Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

430N MIssing SiriusXM stations

Old 06-22-2015, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 430N MIssing SiriusXM stations

I picked up a 2015 JKUR last week and programmed in all of my presets to the 430N, just yesterday I realized that I forgot a preset that was in my previous truck; CH. 350 Red, White &, Booze. After about 10 minutes I wasn't able to find it and noticed that my stations only go up to about 210 or somewhere around there. Am I completely dense, or is the 430N missing a bunch of stations when compared to other receivers?
Old 06-22-2015, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It may not be included in the trial plan, you may need to upgrade/pay for that channel. I had to do that with O&A when I got my 2012.....
Old 06-22-2015, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

According to SiriusXM's Channel Lineup, Channel 350 - Red, White, & Booze, is an online channel only.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I look at the channel guide I just got in the mail, there is Sirius radio, XM radio, and Sirius XM radio. According to them, that channel is only available in SiriusXM. Is that pay only? Or just a different receiver? Got me there- but I bet your service is Sirius only.....

Gregg
Old 06-22-2015, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

Clearly this is some kind of redneck, Kid Rock type of station. Exactly my type of music. I'll be calling Howard Stern tomorrow to see where TF my Red White and Booze station is.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gregg-G
When I look at the channel guide I just got in the mail, there is Sirius radio, XM radio, and Sirius XM radio. According to them, that channel is only available in SiriusXM. Is that pay only? Or just a different receiver? Got me there- but I bet your service is Sirius only.....

Gregg
I just traded in a Ram truck that had it on there, apparently Chrysler made the switch from Sirius (JK still get the old radios) to SiriusXM, hence the reason it is missing. I noticed I'm also missing several of the sports stations that broadcast football games I like to listen to in the fall; I may be selling the 430N so I can get them back!
Old 06-25-2015, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mattk11
Clearly this is some kind of redneck, Kid Rock type of station. Exactly my type of music. I'll be calling Howard Stern tomorrow to see where TF my Red White and Booze station is.
It's pretty much a country station minus all the poppish new style of country music with some Southern Rock thrown in there.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure what year your Ram was, but it was several years back after the merger between Sirius and XM that they merged the stations and made a SiriusXM channel line up. All new vehicles that came with a new subscription to SiriusXM would have this new channel lineup. My guess is that with your Ram, your account with SiriusXM only had the "Sirius only channel lineup", not the merged channel lineup. Which is why you may have had different channels. So it isn't your radio, it is your subscription with SiriusXM. The subscription is what controls what channels you have on your radio.

If you really want those channels, you will need to call SiriusXM and I am sure they give you those additional channels for an additional fee.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by corupt1
Not sure what year your Ram was, but it was several years back after the merger between Sirius and XM that they merged the stations and made a SiriusXM channel line up. All new vehicles that came with a new subscription to SiriusXM would have this new channel lineup. My guess is that with your Ram, your account with SiriusXM only had the "Sirius only channel lineup", not the merged channel lineup. Which is why you may have had different channels. So it isn't your radio, it is your subscription with SiriusXM. The subscription is what controls what channels you have on your radio.

If you really want those channels, you will need to call SiriusXM and I am sure they give you those additional channels for an additional fee.
My Ram was a 2014 and I was just using the one-year "free" trial that came with it I would have thought it would be the same service; you make a good point though, I'll just call SiriusXM and see if they can tell me

Quick Reply: 430N MIssing SiriusXM stations