Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

ABS, ESP BAS, Brake light on.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
From a quick search of the codes... "U1110 means the PCM didn't receive a vehicle speed signal from the Anti-lock brake Module over the CAN C bus. Are you sure this wasn't accompanied by U0121? If not, you need a new PCM. If you have the U0121, then you may just need an ABS module. U1120 is a lost wheel distance message. It has the same possible causes as the above. Both can also be caused by a short in the CAN C bus as well. You need a mechanic for this one, unless you have the proper scan tool to run a Powertrain Verification Test." So sounds like the dealer is the way to go on this one. Update the thread when it's fixed for future searchers if you don't mind. Good luck!
the u1110 and the U1120 where stored as permanent codes but the U0121 is there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-15-2015, 08:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds to me like the ABS module based on the codes. And I remember from reading another thread that a new ABS module needs to be programmed by the dealer anyway. So I think you're stuck there. I don't think any of the other things you've done are the problem.

But I'm just making a guess based on the fact that people replace the wheel sensors all the time with no issues. I also don't know why the SB disconnect would affect the ABS module. I have no first hand experience with it though.

The ESP and BAS lights could be a bad sensor or wire. I know you said you replaced the sensor but did you check the wires to it to make sure they weren't damaged? Also some guys have reported the same lights for a bad unit bearing. You could check that if you feel so inclined.

Last edited by 14Sport; 07-15-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds to me like the ABS module based on the codes. And I remember from reading another thread that a new ABS module needs to be programmed by the dealer anyway. So I think you're stuck there. I don't think any of the other things you've done are the problem. But I'm just making a guess based on the fact that people replace the wheel sensors all the time with no issues. I also don't know why the SB disconnect would affect the ABS module. I have no first hand experience with it though. The ESP and BAS lights could be a bad sensor or wire. I know you said you replaced the sensor but did you check the wires to it to make sure they weren't damaged? Also some guys have reported the same lights for a bad unit bearing. You could check that if you feel so inclined.
It's just weird that it all happened at once. I drove the jeep in the morning, came home and replaced the wheel stud and cut the swaybar wire harness and everything started happening.

I did find I have a blown swaybar fuse (j11) which I'm guessing blew when I cut the wires.

I don't know at this point, but we will see what the dealer says on Saturday.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:44 AM
JK Junkie

It is weird. Like you shorted the ABS module or something. Keep me posted as now I'm curious.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

It is weird. Like you shorted the ABS module or something. Keep me posted as now I'm curious.
Will do. I just want this fixed already ugh

Old 07-15-2015, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just wondering if anyone has an ideal if my issue could be related to the swaybar wiring or if it's unrelated?

Old 07-17-2015, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Having a very similar issue... what did you find out?
Old 07-17-2015, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default ABS, ESP BAS, Brake light on.

Originally Posted by JKblackblack
Having a very similar issue... what did you find out?
It's going into the dealership tomorrow. I'll let you know.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dealer says there is no communication with the ABS system, they think it's the ABS Module. $450 parts and labor. Trying to see if my extended pre-owned warranty will cover it.

Old 07-18-2015, 11:10 AM
JK Junkie

As I suspected. Hopefully it will be covered so you can put that $450 to better use.

Quick Reply: ABS, ESP BAS, Brake light on.