Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Adding Amp to Uconnect 130S/RES

Old 11-23-2016, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Amp to Uconnect 130S/RES

I want to add an amplifier but am confused after reading some threads of problems with the Infiniti head units. I have read that the stock amplifier limits the power and base to the soundbar. You would need to add a sound processor to clean up the signal.

Does this apply to the 130S/RES? I have the 130S/ RES with the Bluetooth Connectivity. Does the head unit itself provide the complete signal or is the signal coming from the head unit to the stock amplifier that controls everything like it does with the Infiniti?

I'm hoping that a High Level input Amp would be all I would need. I'm not sure if the 130S/RES even uses an amplifier.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Head unit is terrible, speakers are worse.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

Yea. I upgraded the 4 speakers to the Kickers. Still sounds like crap. I was hoping an amp would clean it up.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willjr75
Yea. I upgraded the 4 speakers to the Kickers. Still sounds like crap. I was hoping an amp would clean it up.
Unfortunately you are just making bad sound louder.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Looks like you are correct. I really wanted to keep the stock head unit for a number of reasons but it looks like I'm going to have to get rid of it.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

So what I ended up doing is buying a refurbished factory 430 RBZ. IT was taken off a Dodge and was completely plug and play. I maintained Sirius and UConnect.

The sound dramatically improved unlike what some say in other threads or forums. The highs and mids are a lot crisper than the 130S/RES as well as the volume. Bass Is lacking but my little 50 watt bazooka evened it out. With the 130, I listened at volume level 36 and sometimes max. I could never adjust the EQ right. No matter what I did, it sounded like crap. With the 430, I listen at 27. It definitely has more power and I'm about 90 percent satisfied with the sound compared to my previous aftermarket head unit .

I could have gone aftermarket like I've done in the past but I cannot stand useless, always outdated navigation that requires you to pull over and apps that are dumbed down like Pandora where you cannot do certain things on them that you can from your phone.

This time, I wanted to maintain a factory look and keep it simple without having to get steering wheel adapters and relocating a new Bluetooth mic.

Since I use my phone for everything. (Navigation, streaming music from Sd card and Pandora), this head unit worked out perfectly for me.

So far so good.

Quick Reply: Adding Amp to Uconnect 130S/RES