Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Adding a paging system to factory alarm?

Old 04-17-2014, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding a paging system to factory alarm?

I recently got a free DEI 795T 3 channel paging module. It is NOT an stand-alone alarm. It is an add-on module that when the alarm (aftermarket alarm or factory alarm) is triggered.... it sends out a signal to the pager. I'd like to install it on my 2010 JK's factory alarm. After searching on google I have seen several posts saying that it is possible.

Since I got it used and untested I already bench tested it and it seems to work. It signals the pager when I hit one of the page buttons on the main unit. But I've hit a roadblock. I don't know how to wire up the orange "ground when armed" wire. Or alternatively the brown wire siren wire.

I found a pdf of the installation instructions here.

http://freepdfhosting.com/05d216e845.pdf

Last edited by 2010jkSahara; 04-17-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:05 PM
JK Junkie

Did you find the write-up of adding the proximity sensor to the factory alarm? I'm curious if that may help you. I used it (for an aftermarket alarm) but it's been a while.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

You will need an Idatalink module.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WARLOCK
You will need an Idatalink module.
sounds expensive. I got the pager module for free and used so I do not exactly want to spend a lot of money on something that was state of the art 15 years ago.

If I could just somehow wire in an actuator to manually push the button on the in-car pager panel Click image for larger version

Name:	zK1rtvf.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	546521when the factory alarm's horn goes off , jury-rigged as hell but it would serve it's purpose of notifying me when the factory alarm goes off.

Last edited by 2010jkSahara; 04-17-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2010jkSahara
sounds expensive. I got the pager module for free and used so I do not exactly want to spend a lot of money on something that was state of the art 15 years ago.

If I could just somehow wire in an actuator to manually push the button on the in-car pager panel Attachment 546521when the factory alarm's horn goes off , jury-rigged as hell but it would serve it's purpose of notifying me when the factory alarm goes off.
it's about 80$ and it is plug and play.

iDatalink - Home
Old 04-17-2014, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Just wanted to say that you may want to look into Arduinos. It would give you a solution that could send a text message as well as provide co-ordinates to your jeep's location. Here's an excerpt from a site describing the tech..

"The scenery offered by this new module SIMCOM, in addition to GSM GPRS shield, it is quite remarkable: the creation of a GPS tracking device that can communicate the location via the Internet (or SMS) is now available to everyone, avoiding all the problems due to assembly and low-level programming."
Old 04-20-2014, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2010jkSahara

If I could just somehow wire in an actuator to manually push the button on the in-car pager panel Attachment 546521when the factory alarm's horn goes off , jury-rigged as hell but it would serve it's purpose of notifying me when the factory alarm goes off.

Well, I did it. I tapped into the wires of one of the buttons and wired it into the horn's wiring via a relay. Now when the horn goes off from the factory alarm the relay connects the two wires and that sends a signal to the pager.

Like I said... jury-rigged as hell, but it works. Now I just have to wire the hood pin into the factory alarm via these instructions...

stock alarm mod if you have hood pin - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

...so that a thief cannot open the hood and cut the battery before I am alerted by my pager.

Quick Reply: Adding a paging system to factory alarm?