Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aftermarket amps in rear of 2 door Sport

Old 02-21-2017, 11:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket amps in rear of 2 door Sport

Ok, maybe I'm unable to work the search feature, or what. I have two amps mounted under my front seats. I need to relocate these to the rear "cargo" area. Most amp mounting that I have found, was mounting amps in the stock location, that's not an option for me with no factory amp. I have a downfire box with a pair of 10's in the middle. I have considered maybe mounting one amp on each side. I want to see how you guys and gals have mounted your amps in this location. The walls on each side of the cargo area seem pretty flat and solid. I just don't want to screw into something that may be behind these panels. I'm going for a clean look, with the wires hidden as much as possible. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know about 2 amps, but I mounted my single amp in the tool storage area in the floor by the jack. 1200W RMS, been there 2 years and have never had a problem. Nice thing is, it doesn't fit flat in the bottom of the floor, so when it has rained with the top off, it still stayed dry.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be concerned with heat putting a 1200 watt amp into a space with no airflow, good to see you don't have any problems with your install.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was worried at first also. I had thought about drilling a couple holes into the floorboard cover and mounting a small PC fan I have laying around for airflow, but after this long, I don't think its needed.

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
I would be concerned with heat putting a 1200 watt amp into a space with no airflow, good to see you don't have any problems with your install.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by axendo79
I was worried at first also. I had thought about drilling a couple holes into the floorboard cover and mounting a small PC fan I have laying around for airflow, but after this long, I don't think its needed.
Theres always the option of using a self contained sub/amp combo. I used a powwred Rockford Fosgate 10" in my 2dr and just tied it down using the factory tied downs.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket amps in rear of 2 door Sport