Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aftermarket Radio Install in JK With Infinity and Uconnect Wiring Diagram

Old 08-14-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Radio Install in JK With Infinity and Uconnect Wiring Diagram

Hi All,

I am new to this Forum but from what I have seen so far, you guys are great at helping others out.

I have a 2012 Sahara with the Infinity system that is less than sub-par at best. So, I have purchased a Kenwood Excelon head unit, Infinity Kappa components for the front, Infinity Kappa 6.5's for the bar and a 10" Infinity Kappa subwoofer (and enclosure). I will be powering all of this with the JL Audio 700/5.

Now my question is regarding the PAC RP4-CH11 replacement interface. Though I have installed several audio systems throughout my years of driving, this unit has me confused. I am really uncertain about the wiring of the head unit and this PAC interface. Can anyone please show me how they wired this thing up? I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, I do not plan to connect any of the speaker wires as I know this would then be run through the stock amplifier so I was planning on running new wires from the amp directly to the speakers. Is there any other way to just remove or bypass the stock amp without affecting anything else?

Thanks again in advance.

Here is a picture of my Jeep right after getting hail damage fixed, finally got it back!Click image for larger version

Name:	d69047b9890c09adc850c074214dfedax.jpg
Views:	977
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	488366
Old 08-14-2013, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

i first switched to a kenwood single din and wired it up myself and i had to manually turn it on. after a wile i upgraded to a JVC touch screen (2013 model). going to it my audio guy told me that there a plug in that connects to the factory radio plug... i already threw it away so i just wired the power on threw the sig lighter (left side). basically buy the adapter for 80 and everything works stock.

sexy 2 door btw
Old 08-14-2013, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by under_lucky
Hi All,

I am new to this Forum but from what I have seen so far, you guys are great at helping others out.

I have a 2012 Sahara with the Infinity system that is less than sub-par at best. So, I have purchased a Kenwood Excelon head unit, Infinity Kappa components for the front, Infinity Kappa 6.5's for the bar and a 10" Infinity Kappa subwoofer (and enclosure). I will be powering all of this with the JL Audio 700/5.

Now my question is regarding the PAC RP4-CH11 replacement interface. Though I have installed several audio systems throughout my years of driving, this unit has me confused. I am really uncertain about the wiring of the head unit and this PAC interface. Can anyone please show me how they wired this thing up? I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, I do not plan to connect any of the speaker wires as I know this would then be run through the stock amplifier so I was planning on running new wires from the amp directly to the speakers. Is there any other way to just remove or bypass the stock amp without affecting anything else?

Thanks again in advance.

Here is a picture of my Jeep right after getting hail damage fixed, finally got it back!Attachment 488366
I just replaced my HU last weekend. I used an Axxess harness, but it's the same thing as a PAC.

You should get a small harness that comes with your kenwood and plugs into the headunit and terminates in bare wires. The PAC harness has bare wires that most should match the colors on the headunit harness. The other end terminates in a plug that connects to your jeep harness.

So you match the colors of the wires, and connect them by soldering or using crimp butt/bell connectors. You may have some wires on the PAC that doesn't have an equivalent on the head unit. I connected the speaker wires as I wanted to test the head unit before installing the amp and new speakers. It's up to you if you want to connect those.

Once you have the wires connected, plug the Hu harness end into Hu, and PAC plug into JK harness that came off stock Hu. If you got a steering wheel interface, it plugged directly into axxess harness without any wire splicing.

I couldn't find a jk specific video, but youtube has a couple videos on the PAC harness assembly and gave me confidence that I was doing the right things.

Then you'll run RCA wires from preout s to JBL amp. New speaker wires from amp to speakers.

Allow extra time, as routing wires through sound bar, mounting amp, etc. take considerable time. I did head unit, amp, component fronts, coaxial rear speakers, new speaker wire, dynamat pods, powered basslink sub and backup camera in two full days with a buddies help. Although we fabbed a camera mount and amp board as well.

Btw, the system rocks and was so worth it.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

I have the same model and sound system. I will be following this same build.

Originally Posted by Whiskeymike
I just replaced my HU last weekend. I used an Axxess harness, but it's the same thing as a PAC.

You should get a small harness that comes with your kenwood and plugs into the headunit and terminates in bare wires. The PAC harness has bare wires that most should match the colors on the headunit harness. The other end terminates in a plug that connects to your jeep harness.

So you match the colors of the wires, and connect them by soldering or using crimp butt/bell connectors. You may have some wires on the PAC that doesn't have an equivalent on the head unit. I connected the speaker wires as I wanted to test the head unit before installing the amp and new speakers. It's up to you if you want to connect those.

Once you have the wires connected, plug the Hu harness end into Hu, and PAC plug into JK harness that came off stock Hu. If you got a steering wheel interface, it plugged directly into axxess harness without any wire splicing.

I couldn't find a jk specific video, but youtube has a couple videos on the PAC harness assembly and gave me confidence that I was doing the right things.

Then you'll run RCA wires from preout s to JBL amp. New speaker wires from amp to speakers.

Allow extra time, as routing wires through sound bar, mounting amp, etc. take considerable time. I did head unit, amp, component fronts, coaxial rear speakers, new speaker wire, dynamat pods, powered basslink sub and backup camera in two full days with a buddies help. Although we fabbed a camera mount and amp board as well.

Btw, the system rocks and was so worth it.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks for the responses so far!

Hey guys thanks for the info so far. I will do some more research on youtube and what not as suggested to see if I can find what I am looking for. Good idea on hooking up the speakers atleast initially to test the HU.

This is kind of new for me, installing a better sound system in a vehicle this new. My previous vehicle was an 08 Chrysler which I had installed an aftermarket HU, JL components front and rear, a 12 W7, a JL 300/4 and a JL 750/1 with 100sq ft of dynamat.... But, that install was easier on the HU end, much less confusing. I just love the Jeep to much to want to mess anything up .

Thanks again for the responses. Another question, is there a setting on this forum to select so that once someone responds to my forums I am notified via email?
Old 08-15-2013, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Default Infinity Sound?

Originally Posted by Garrett J.KU
i first switched to a kenwood single din and wired it up myself and i had to manually turn it on. after a wile i upgraded to a JVC touch screen (2013 model). going to it my audio guy told me that there a plug in that connects to the factory radio plug... i already threw it away so i just wired the power on threw the sig lighter (left side). basically buy the adapter for 80 and everything works stock.

sexy 2 door btw
Thanks, I love it. You should have seen me run outside to try and get it in the garage during the golf ball + size hail storm.

Now you said that you bypassed the need to use a wiring harness all together and manually wired into an accessory (the cig lighter) did you lose any functions other than steering wheel control? Did you have the Infinity system or the standard?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Radio Install in JK With Infinity and Uconnect Wiring Diagram