Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Air bag light

Old 12-15-2014, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air bag light

My airbag light has been on for about two months now. I've checked the drivers side connection under the seat and everything looks to be connected. I haven't done the passenger yet. I've posted questions on here and people have stated that they think that it's the clock spring. My cruise and horn still work. Should those go out if it's the clock spring? I've connected an engine code reader and no codes were found. Thoughts?
Old 12-15-2014, 03:26 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

It could be the clockspring. Not all engine code readers interpret ABS and SRS codes. Most don't, in fact. What year is this Jeep? Many of us with '07s received a letter extending the clockspring warranty out to 10 years/150K miles. I had mine replaced for free at about 146K miles because the horn had stopped working.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My jeep is a 2010. My horn and cruise still are working.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:11 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeye3
My jeep is a 2010. My horn and cruise still are working.
That actually doesn't matter. It could still be the clockspring. There are threads on replacing it yourself, if you want to save some money. But it probably would be best to get the SRS codes read with a good code reader--wouldn't want to change the clockspring and still have the problem, of course.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 12-16-2014 at 02:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Air bag light