Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Air Horn Mounting Locations?

Old 08-15-2014, 04:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Air Horn Mounting Locations?

Ok, so I'm now dead sick of the anemic 'meep meep' horn of my 2012.

I had air horns on my last TJ and bought the same kit.

$20 or $30 got me a small silver air compressor and 2 red horns.

I managed to find the wires running to my OEM horn. (Man that's packed in tight).

But under the hood of my TJ was miles of open space to mount things.

the JK, not so much.

Where are you guys mounting the horns or is everyone just buying an OEM F-150 horn to replace theirs?

pics help!

thanks guys! (and girls).
Old 08-15-2014, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel this same way about the horns. The horn needs to be on a go-cart instead of a jeep. I have been looking at options on my rig (08 jku) thinking about putting mine behind the grill or behind the bumper. My last resort is to the frame underneath near the front.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put mine pointing down behind the radiator and mounted the compressor where the stock horn was. Keep the tube between the compressor and horn as short as possible to minimize lag and use the stock horn wiring to activate a relay as will be too much current through steering wheel switch.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default horn

When I saw the lack of room under the hood I about gave up, but today on the way to work, when someone cut over 2 lanes, no turn signal, inches from my bumper at 60 MPH, and my horn went meep meep, I was livid. Now I'm on a mission to get these things on here.

on my TJ I mounted them under the hood, facing forward, perfect spot, just above the battery...

thanks for the pic! how did you get your hand down there?

I also usually wire an on/off switch to the relay, that way for inspection time, if they test the horn, they get just the factory horn.

I think I have that same set!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the Kleinn Air horn kit for the JK. Works good and they provide a mount for the air horns under the passenger rear foot well. They mounted their horns perpendicular with a supplied bracket but I bolted the bracket to the floor board facing forward to clear my AFE exhaust.

works good sounds good, installation of the compressor is awkward but not hard to do with a little patients.

Quick Reply: Air Horn Mounting Locations?