Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Alarm Install Questions

Old 02-18-2013, 03:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Install Questions

New here guys. I been lurking for sometime, and have used a few of the tutorials on here to successfully install my Sony Media Head, and reverse camera on my 2007 Jeep Wrangler X. I am now getting around to doing my second task, and that is installing an alarm to protect the expensive radio. I have been conducting my research, but am coming up with some conflicting things that maybe the community can help me out with.
I’m installing an Hornet Model 740T. I have no power windows, doors or windows, so I feel as if it should be a pretty basic install. Here are a few of my questions.

First the constant 12v power. Where is the best place to hook into this? Is it the cigarette lighter? Or somewhere else? If I hook into cigerate lighter, do I just splice the wire behind the panel of the cigarette lighter and connect right to that? Or should I pull it from the behind the kne panel Is this line red? And I will connect this to my red wire on my alarm?

Second. Ignition power. Should I pull this from the knee panel? Is it pink with white tracer? And I will connect it to my yellow wire on the alarm.

Third. Starter wire….I’m not connecting it because this is a MUX system, and it will mess other things up. So I will leave this disconnected? Correct?

Fourth Door ajar sensor. I read that each of the violet wires ran to the door, are all run seperatly to the TIPM, therefore in order for the sensor to work for all the doors, I am going to connect the dome light, which is a yellow/white tracer under the passenger kick panel and I am going to tie this into the positive trigger to the alarm or the violet wire on the alarm? Correct?

Fifth Interior Illumination Relay? Can I connect the yellow/white trace wire mentioned above to this? Even if I am using it for the doors already? I would connect this to the black/white wire of the alarm?

Sixth is the parking lights which is where I am getting conflicting information. If you look here..
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...hts-etc-19376/..

It says the light wire is white/green under the hood. However, if you look here.

2007-2011*Jeep*Wrangler*Vehicle Wiring Chart and Diagram

It says the parking lights are WHITE/ORANGE(+) (Left) and WHITE/PURPLE(+) (Right), in the in PASSENGER KICK PANEL or TIPM (BROWN PLUG) PINS 8 and 36?
Which is the correct place to hook the white wire on the alarm too?

And last, what is the best spot you guys would think to mount the brain and the and the blow horn. Would the brain go on the driver side panel? Or under the drivers or passengers seat? Or can you suggest somewhere else? And the blow horn? Would in the hood, near the wheel well work? I cant find any suggestions on where to mount this at?

Thanks in advance, I am looking forward to my many projects on my jeep.

Wire diagram for hornet below.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1914
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	423640
Old 02-19-2013, 01:29 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone can help?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry, I cant help with the wiring, I had mine installed at a shop because I know nothing about he wiring. As for the horn, they put it under the hood on the passenger side, and the brain they put behind the dash near center. I also had two sensors installed, one, in front of the shifter behind the dash, where some install switches, and the other in the jack compartment in the back. Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Philpan
Anyone can help?
had the same question too
Old 02-19-2013, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GeeHost
had the same question too
Hopefully someone helps us out.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Philpan
Hopefully someone helps us out.
PM me your email and i'll sent you better tech info.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepnutt
PM sent.

Thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 03:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes their are plug and play interfaces now... that make it very easy to install a alarm.. only hook up a few wires.. a lot easier than it used to be. their are a few threads on it.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blockrockin
yes their are plug and play interfaces now... that make it very easy to install a alarm.. only hook up a few wires.. a lot easier than it used to be. their are a few threads on it.
Can you link me or point me to a direction please.

Thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepnutt
PM sent,
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Alarm Install Questions