Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Android 4.3 issues with Uconnect

Old 05-20-2014, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Note 3 on 4.4.2 KK and have no problems with my RES.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

On what network?

Originally Posted by v8zracer260z
I have a Note 3 on 4.4.2 KK and have no problems with my RES.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:28 AM
JK Newbie

Default Android 4.4 and U connect still issues

I purchased a 2015 Rubicon last week with 430N Uconnect.. Yeah... Long time coming.. I can't make an outgoing phone call with my Galaxy S5 (Android 4.4.2)
I can receive calls but if I try and make them, 2 rings and it hangs up. I called Uconnect and they said its the first they heard of the problem. I have read threads all day and it seems like there has been a similar problem for months. I tried everything I could think of.. I need help..
Old 10-30-2014, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default Sprint is the Network

I can' t imagine it has anything to do with the Network.

What is strange is that I can receive calls through U connect without issues.. When I place a call the uconnect system rings twice, disconnects, but the person I am calling is still connected on the phone.. I take it out of Bluetooth mode and can talk to them.

Semper fi as well.
Avionics Tech 84-90 EA-6B

Originally Posted by haze0010
I purchased a 2015 Rubicon last week with 430N Uconnect.. Yeah... Long time coming.. I can't make an outgoing phone call with my Galaxy S5 (Android 4.4.2)
I can receive calls but if I try and make them, 2 rings and it hangs up. I called Uconnect and they said its the first they heard of the problem. I have read threads all day and it seems like there has been a similar problem for months. I tried everything I could think of.. I need help..
Old 10-30-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by haze0010
My dealer told me it's a well known problem with Samsung S series phones. It was a super quick conversation.

Me: I'm having this issue with my radio calling where my phone rings twice then disconnects.
Dealer: Do you have a Samsung S3,4, or 5?
Me: Yeah S4
Dealer: Its well known, they don't work right with uconnect...

IPhone and new Android Motorola have never once done what the S4 did...
Old 10-31-2014, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have Samsung galaxy s5 with version 4.4.4.

It makes me so mad! It happens to my wife also. Same phone, but she has a jeep patriot.

Glad to see its not just us. This needs to be fixed!
Old 11-02-2014, 03:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
I have Samsung galaxy s5 with version 4.4.4.

It makes me so mad! It happens to my wife also. Same phone, but she has a jeep patriot.

Glad to see its not just us. This needs to be fixed!
Samsung uses an Android launcher called TouchWiz, which isn't necessarily common in the OEM world of Android phones. It is an exploratory idea but perhaps TouchWiz has some known Bluetooth issues. I no longer have a Samsung Android device but perhaps someone with a rooted Samsung is willing to test a different android launcher or interface like MUIUI and report if that solved the Bluetooth problem?

Quick Reply: Android 4.3 issues with Uconnect