Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Android 4.3 issues with Uconnect

Old 01-08-2014, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Android 4.3 issues with Uconnect

Moderators, please consider making this a sticky:

Android 4.3 issues with Uconnect and the following radios:
RES, REQ, RBZ and RHB
I have recently run into an issue with Samsung phones using the Android 4.3 SW. This issue is with new phones as well as phones that have been updated from the Android 4.2 and are on the CDMA networks (Sprint & Verizon). Phones that have been updated from the 4.2 version have been working well till the update was applied. It most likely will be on other CDMA networks as well.

*** I have tried the HTC ONE with 4.3 and it did not have the issue. ***
Here is what happens:
You attempt to place an outgoing call using Uconnect, the call will start the outgoing call and then you’ll hear “Call Completed” but the call is still active on the phone itself.
This is an issue with the phone and network which is currently being looked into by Samsung.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this as well. Same symptoms started on my Voyager headset around the same time.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hmm, This is getting more and more interesting. I just spoke to another person with the 730N radio (which I don't have) who has the same issue since he recently updated his phone. Now you're saying that you have this issue on a BT headset, (correct?) May I ask which phone you have and the network that you're on? Thanks.

Originally Posted by GotGecko
I have this as well. Same symptoms started on my Voyager headset around the same time.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 730N and a Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.3. Have not experienced this issue.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Hmm, This is getting more and more interesting. I just spoke to another person with the 730N radio (which I don't have) who has the same issue since he recently updated his phone. Now you're saying that you have this issue on a BT headset, (correct?) May I ask which phone you have and the network that you're on? Thanks.
Verizon S4 at 4.3. And yes, same on the headset. Not very repeatable on either client but same symptoms. On the headset since I'm not driving, I can see that the bluetooth selection is not highlighted despite the headset indicating in call.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

As I mentioned in the title:
Android 4.3 issues with the following radios:
REQ, RES, RBZ & RHB. The 730N is not one of these radios, so I would expect that you're not having this issue. I found the post from a person a different forum with the 730N to be interesting but I could not personally verify it because I don't have access to it.

Originally Posted by Twinkydog
I have a 730N and a Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.3. Have not experienced this issue.

Last edited by xsdbs; 01-09-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Which radio do you have and where are you talking about not seeing the BT selection being highlighted?

Verizon S4 at 4.3. And yes, same on the headset. Not very repeatable on either client but same symptoms. On the headset since I'm not driving, I can see that the bluetooth selection is not highlighted despite the headset indicating in call.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Which radio do you have and where are you talking about not seeing the BT selection being highlighted?
RES and yes when this happens on the headset. Haven't been able to catch it in the Jeep.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

excuse me for asking but I'm just not clear on this. You said that you haven't been able to catch it in the vehicle, are you saying that it does not happen over your Uconnect at all?

RES and yes when this happens on the headset. Haven't been able to catch it in the Jeep.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

excuse me for asking but I'm just not clear on this. You said that you haven't been able to catch it in the vehicle, are you saying that it does not happen over your Uconnect at all?
Happens. Not able to see if bluetooth is highlighted while driving.

Quick Reply: Android 4.3 issues with Uconnect