Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Android 6.2 GPS DVD Player Navigation For JK / Insane Jeep ,Pumpkin and Ouku

Old 07-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by street bob
BUMP... I have a '15. Are all JK radios the same? I see most of these radios are advertised at 07-12.
Should work just fine. They did an ECU change in '15 just like they did in '12. Yet the radios are all compatible so I don't see why the '15 would be any different.

Michael @ Level 10
Old 07-07-2015, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by street bob
BUMP... I have a '15. Are all JK radios the same? I see most of these radios are advertised at 07-12.
Can't say for sure, but I do know it work fine (besides the radio antenna issue I posted on the last page) in our '13
Old 07-07-2015, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AUSyTyIN
Can't say for sure, but I do know it work fine (besides the radio antenna issue I posted on the last page) in our '13
I am going to bite the bullet and get one for my 15. I don't think in will be an issue and the seller said it will work.

I just want to confirm that these fir right in and no dash trimming is required?
Old 07-07-2015, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered my replacement radio and they are saying that when I get the new radio put the old radio in the same box and ship it back to them and I will get totally refunded.
Minus the FM adapter I had to buy the entire unit is plug and play with steering wheel controls working.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hydronaut
I am going to bite the bullet and get one for my 15. I don't think in will be an issue and the seller said it will work.

I just want to confirm that these fir right in and no dash trimming is required?
I had to shave a bit off the internals of the dash, but nothing you can see with the radio installed.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a old RES from my 2007 that has Bluetooth...will a new 2015 be compatible?
Still debating on getting the android system...worried hooking up Sirius to it will be to much of a hassle...Does anyone know if the pumpkin or similar head units have the ability for video in motion or do you need the my gig to get that?
Old 07-24-2015, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if these will show the DVD/video will the Jeep is in Drive? My lockpick has been acting up lately and I'm tired of resetting it.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:03 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by HogHoden
Does anyone know if these will show the DVD/video will the Jeep is in Drive? My lockpick has been acting up lately and I'm tired of resetting it.
I believe so. Haven't checked specifically though.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

This is exactly what i'm looking to install on my 2015 sport, however all the ebay ones market for 2007-2010. Would they be plug and play on a 2015? I've e-mailed sellers and they tell me it won't work on a 2015, however my thought process is that these guys might not have a clue and only have the old marketing material to refer to, which of course states 2007-2010 assuming that they designed them in 2010 or something.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by delish
This is exactly what i'm looking to install on my 2015 sport, however all the ebay ones market for 2007-2010. Would they be plug and play on a 2015? I've e-mailed sellers and they tell me it won't work on a 2015, however my thought process is that these guys might not have a clue and only have the old marketing material to refer to, which of course states 2007-2010 assuming that they designed them in 2010 or something.
I have a 2015 and mine just arrived from China this week. Ordered from a factory through AliExpress. The lady communicated very well and was confident that it would work on a 2015. They included the wrangler (high speed) canbus, the proper antenna adapter and rear view camera I requested for a few bucks more.

I am getting a crack in my instrument cluster replaced next Friday at the dealer (warranty) and do not want to install the radio before and have to deal with them telling me I cracked it.

So next Friday afternoon I will be doing the radio install and will be more than happy to take some pics and confirm it works.

If it does I can give you the contact (she took PayPal and shipped EMS to avoid duties - I am in Canada and cleared customs in less than 10 mins).

Her price was also better than anybody one eBay, included free shipping and they upgraded it to Android 4.4.2.

I started the same way as you and nobody seemed to know what they were selling until I found somebody who said yes it will work but you need the proper canbus module.

Quick Reply: Android 6.2 GPS DVD Player Navigation For JK / Insane Jeep ,Pumpkin and Ouku