Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone in MD have an AEV to help me?

Old 11-12-2014, 03:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in MD have an AEV to help me?

Anyone help out a fellow newbie Jeep'r. I want to get my daytime running lights (DRL) turned on my 2008 Unlimited X and wanted to know if anyone has an AEV or Procal that could change the settings for me? If you have one and could meet one day LMK via PM. Would be willing to drive depending on distance to you. Thanks!
Old 11-12-2014, 03:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the problem is the procal/aev vin locks to only one jeep at a time... which means you can only use it on one jeep unfortunately ... but they dont cost very much worth buying plus you can make other adjustments with it.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:58 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

as stated above the procal will only work on one VIN at time. Spend the $159 and get one they are very handy if doing any mods.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

So if they "lock" to a single VIN does that mean you should buy one used? I saw a couple people selling them but wouldn't want to buy a paperweight.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

If you buy used just make sure they set everything back to factory settings and cleared it, you should be good.

Quick Reply: Anyone in MD have an AEV to help me?