Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

anyone run lifetime led's?

Old 09-02-2014, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone run lifetime led's?

Ive read some threads about these leds on other websites. They replace the factory headlight bulb and come with ballasts. Jeepers seem pretty impressed overall but they dont fit perfectly and some have had them quit etc. Just wondering if anyone here has tried them.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...e-leds-295697/

And follow the link in post #2.

Last edited by Jiblet; 09-02-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been running them right out of the box for a while now with no problems. I think those guys were over analyzing them. The highs aren't bright, but I haven't needed them. The reflection in a store window shows that the leds are not at 12 and 6, more like 1 and seven. IDGAF. I don't look at the side reflections in store windows. There are very bright and a huge improvement over stock for short money.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

I think my main concern is them lasting. Seems like alot of stuff to go bad with the fan etc.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

I understand. If you're worried about that maybe you should go HID or trucklites or the new KC Leds. For me, If I get a couple of years I'm happy. And I'm fast approaching one year and so far so good.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

That makes me feel better. Although being leds they should outlast a halogen. But the heat they must generate makes me wonder if they will stand the test.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

I had a set I installed about 3 months ago and just had one go out. The fan was still running but light would just flicker and then died. I am waiting a warranty replacement. I was told they were back ordered a couple of weeks on my part number. Before the issue I thought they were great. Really nice bright white and a huge upgrade over stock.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

If you're comparing where you live to FL, I would have to say advantage FL. It has been brutally hot this summer and I have had no problems. It was sooo hot (how hot was it?)...Sorry Johnny Carson reference...that I had electrical conduit warp into shapes no OCD people should ever have to see. The fans held up.

But I really don't want to convince you one way or the other. You asked for experiences and that is mine. You have to do whatever you're comfortable with.

Good luck.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your worried about them lasting just make sure whatever brand you buy uses CREE LED bulbs… everything else about the list is just metal and plastic. The part to worry about are the LEDs so just make sure you have CREE LED's and you'll be fine.

I have Lifetime LED light bars inset in both front (10") and rear (2-6") bumpers and a 50" light bar with CREE LED's and they are all bright as hell.

This parking lot is roughly the size of a football field…

Last edited by darkknight1999; 09-04-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by darkknight1999
If your worried about them lasting just make sure whatever brand you buy uses CREE LED bulbs… everything else about the list is just metal and plastic. The part to worry about are the LEDs so just make sure you have CREE LED's and you'll be fine.

I have Lifetime LED light bars inset in both front (10") and rear (2-6") bumpers and a 50" light bar with CREE LED's and they are all bright as hell.

This parking lot is roughly the size of a football field…

Good point, Masshole. Born and raised in Somerville. I used to work at the Polaroid plant in Norwood back in the day. Nice looking rig. The description doesn't mention Cree so I assume they are not, but not sure.

Last edited by 14Sport; 09-04-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: anyone run lifetime led's?