Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone running JCR 50 inch LED bar mounts ?

Old 03-21-2015, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I did recieve the mounts the other day. No damage to the powder coating and it was packaged the same way. So today I decided to mount them up. Had some fitment issues. The holes didnt line up very well and took some persuading to get all the bolts in. After getting it mounted I found out the the bolt slots for the bar were alittle small. I had drilled and tapped my bar to take 10mm bolts so there are alittle bigger than others. So I took a file and only needed to take alittle of the powder coating off. The mounts I had before were the cheap ebay mounts. The light bar sat well above the roof line. These mounts the bars sits much lower. So now the real test, how loud will it be. After getting out on the highway at about 60mph I was surprised on how much less noise there was over the ebay mounts. Im very happy with how much less wind noise there was with these mounts but not happy with the fittment but I got it to work.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pballer2777
Yes I did recieve the mounts the other day. No damage to the powder coating and it was packaged the same way. So today I decided to mount them up. Had some fitment issues. The holes didnt line up very well and took some persuading to get all the bolts in. After getting it mounted I found out the the bolt slots for the bar were alittle small. I had drilled and tapped my bar to take 10mm bolts so there are alittle bigger than others. So I took a file and only needed to take alittle of the powder coating off. The mounts I had before were the cheap ebay mounts. The light bar sat well above the roof line. These mounts the bars sits much lower. So now the real test, how loud will it be. After getting out on the highway at about 60mph I was surprised on how much less noise there was over the ebay mounts. Im very happy with how much less wind noise there was with these mounts but not happy with the fittment but I got it to work.
Overall it sounds like it will be a good bracket, just as long as you can still get it on. I understand with a lot of things made out there for the Jeeps, not everything will line up exactly, but should only be a little wiggle to get on. How low does it sit, block any view from the top part of the windshield? Take some pictures and post them up. I can't wait to get mine.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

I can see the bottom of the light thru the windshield but its not in the way. Ill try and get some pics tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm still going through the rounds with Inspired Engineering and JCR trying to figure out how I'm going to get different mounts. JCR doesn't seem to want to ship out new ones, they act like they want me to drive there and swap with them. The drive is 200 miles round trip and will take about an hour and 45 minutes. I'm hoping I can either get them to send me new ones or if I have to drive there they will hook me up with an install for my troubles.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
I'm still going through the rounds with Inspired Engineering and JCR trying to figure out how I'm going to get different mounts. JCR doesn't seem to want to ship out new ones, they act like they want me to drive there and swap with them. The drive is 200 miles round trip and will take about an hour and 45 minutes. I'm hoping I can either get them to send me new ones or if I have to drive there they will hook me up with an install for my troubles.
Doesn't sound like great customer service after receiving the mounts with scuff marks on them. The install takes what, 10 mins? They can't eat the cost of shipping out a new bar for yours in return ? I wouldn't drive 200 miles jus for a free install on that.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 50" bar ang 2 cube lights that I want installed on the A pillar. I know if I were to do it I would take longer than 10 minutes. I want them to install brackets, lights, and hook all the wiring up to my switches that I have on the pillar inside the Jeep. Knowing how long it takes me to do things, my guess is I would likely take 3-4 hours to do all that, so driving there seems like a fair trade off.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I asked JCR what would happen if I couldn't drive there, the response I got in email was I could get refunded for the powder coating I paid for, buy a can of VHT Wrinkle Plus paint and touch it up because it's a small scratch. Am I the only one that seems like this isn't the way to go? I don't really want to touch up brand new brackets. Won't it likely look like it has been touched up?
Old 03-22-2015, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
When I asked JCR what would happen if I couldn't drive there, the response I got in email was I could get refunded for the powder coating I paid for, buy a can of VHT Wrinkle Plus paint and touch it up because it's a small scratch. Am I the only one that seems like this isn't the way to go? I don't really want to touch up brand new brackets. Won't it likely look like it has been touched up?

Me personally, I think they should man up and send out a new powdercoated one when you send yours back into them.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:50 PM
JK Super Freak

any updates?

Mine is still not here.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am sending them back today and then they will ship me new ones. Luckily, I'm not in a huge hurry to get these installed.

Quick Reply: Anyone running JCR 50 inch LED bar mounts ?