Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

ARB compressor--simplify the wiring

Old 10-27-2015, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ARB compressor--simplify the wiring

i'm looking to clean up the big wiring harness on my CKSA 12/ARB Compressor & Switch. I"m never going to get air lockers(and if i do, i just just buy a new harness). how do i just connect a hot, ground and 12v switched source?

the black ground is easy--just connect the wire to the top switch tab and mount to the frame of my jeep.
the red/yellow switched 12v is tied into my fuse box.

my confusion comes in with the red which goes to the compressor. does that connect to the pressure cutoff switch and end there? what about the red/white white on the other side?
attached is the wiring diagram for the ARB.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CKSA12-ARB-wiring-12-volt-p.jpg
Views:	45407
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	628564  
Old 10-27-2015, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll take a look at mine but I did what you did....and got a new harness when I got lockers. I'll try to look at lunch and see if I remember what I did (since the new harness is on there)
Old 10-27-2015, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent a ton of time removing everything from the ARB harness I didn't need, since I was not going to run lockers with it and I needed to raise the hood to hook up the air hose anyway so I didn't even run a switch in the passenger compartment.

Its been a while but if I remember correctly I used the main power positive and negative, the pressure switch wiring, and I wired a switch that was mounted to the compressor mount under the hood, I cant remember if there was a relay in there somewhere but if there was I left it in. I removed everything else rewrapping it all in electrical tape and wire loom, making it look factory.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

to simplify it
Click image for larger version

Name:	arb.JPG
Views:	7280
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	628591
I think the compressor only draws 6.5 amps, if I'm wrong you may need a relay.
Not sure what the pressure switch is rated at or if your going to add a tank...

Last edited by jchappies; 10-27-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drew out a wiring diagram of how I wired mine in. I stripped the wires for the lockers off the harness completely. Cut the large connector off the switch side of the harness and wired the switch connectors directly into the red from the pressure switch and the black ground. This lets your switch light up, but only when the compressor is on. Then splice the red/yellow into the main red to get current without being tied to the ignition. My diagram shows what it looks like with the masking removed from the wiring harness. My diagram may not be perfect but you get the idea. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: ARB compressor--simplify the wiring