Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Arb jk bumper wiring help

Old 07-14-2014, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arb jk bumper wiring help

planning on wiring my ARB amber lights to my fog lights so the amber are running lights. I am going to use led bulbs to prevent damage to amber lights. Will the splice into the fog-lights cause issue?
Old 07-15-2014, 02:08 AM
JK Newbie

Bump............
Old 07-15-2014, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would think running a wire from the side marker lights in the fenders would be a better idea. That way they would be on the same circuit.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you wanna hook up the bumper lights to your fog lights or side light markers its easy. Go down to the local auto pars store, and get some weather proof terminal splices. Answer to ur question, no it wont cause a problem.

Last edited by NUKEM-10; 07-15-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
I would think running a wire from the side marker lights in the fenders would be a better idea. That way they would be on the same circuit.
This is a much better idea in my opinion. Wiring it to your fogs as running lights would mean your fogs have to be on all the time.

I did the marker light mod which turns your fender lights in turn signals and wired my ARB lights to the same circuit. So now when my headlights are off (need DRL since I'm in Canada and my HIDs don't have DRL capability) my ARB amber lights and fender lights are on and they also flash as turn signales. Looks awesome, gives it a nice wide stance.

Oh and I painted the lights in the grill black a bunch of times so I don't have 3 lights on each side.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks easy enuff to tap into fender running lamps will try that. Just waiting for rear ARB to arrive going to do all at once.

Quick Reply: Arb jk bumper wiring help