Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

backup camera for tablet

Old 08-28-2016, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default backup camera for tablet

Hey all, i am currently mounting a samsung galaxy tab a to the passenger grab bar in my jeep for audio/nav/gopro purposes, and i have gotten to thinking about backup cameras, is there a way to sync one up to the tablet for viewing instead of having an additional screen?
Old 08-28-2016, 11:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you just need a bluetooth wireless reversing camera. Something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/201101961289

Not sure the passenger grab handle is the best place for the tablet though, if you're mounting it flush? I mount mine to the grab handle via a RAM mount, which is maybe what you're also doing?

Last edited by UKCRD; 08-28-2016 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by black_14_jks
Hey all, i am currently mounting a samsung galaxy tab a to the passenger grab bar in my jeep for audio/nav/gopro purposes, and i have gotten to thinking about backup cameras, is there a way to sync one up to the tablet for viewing instead of having an additional screen?
Careful where you mount it. There is an airbag there which could turn your tablet into a projectile.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by maxspongebob
Careful where you mount it. There is an airbag there which could turn your tablet into a projectile.
That's a very good point!! I'd never considered that. Fortunately, mine is off to the side so should be fine but still frightening that that did not occur to me during install.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UKCRD
That's a very good point!! I'd never considered that. Fortunately, mine is off to the side so should be fine but still frightening that that did not occur to me during install.
This is the one that I would worry about. When the passenger airbag deploys, it will be headed directly for your head.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AirBagAmmo.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	656198

But, wow, your Jeep has lots of gadgets. What do they all do?
Old 09-07-2016, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

Yes, you just need a bluetooth wireless reversing camera. Something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/201101961289 Not sure the passenger grab handle is the best place for the tablet though, if you're mounting it flush? I mount mine to the grab handle via a RAM mount, which is maybe what you're also doing?
Are you In the CIA or something?
Old 09-07-2016, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattk11
Are you In the CIA or something?
He's probably just like me: An information junky. I like as much info as possible, not just for navigation, but also for communication and engine/systems data. I'll run my phone on Torque Pro, my tablet on Google Maps, and my Nav system zoomed out to a longer scale, for a different perspective. I've also got a CB and would love to add a HAM radio, too.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dmwil
He's probably just like me: An information junky. I like as much info as possible, not just for navigation, but also for communication and engine/systems data. I'll run my phone on Torque Pro, my tablet on Google Maps, and my Nav system zoomed out to a longer scale, for a different perspective. I've also got a CB and would love to add a HAM radio, too.
Yep, that's pretty much it! I'm also a pilot and am used to having a plethora of instruments to draw upon. I just transferred my ****pit to the Jeep!
Old 09-08-2016, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Yep, that's pretty much it! I'm also a pilot and am used to having a plethora of instruments to draw upon. I just transferred my ****pit to the Jeep!
Now that makes sense. I'm a pilot, too, but haven't flown in awhile. I mostly fly just my Jeep now!

Where do you live in the UK? I'm a school principal and did 2 months of student teaching in the UK many years ago. I was in the small town of Westbury, in Wiltshire county.

Last edited by dmwil; 09-08-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black_14_jks
google: pearlauto .com

Quick Reply: backup camera for tablet