Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Bazooka tube

Old 06-11-2012, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HELLBENDER-JK
Awesome, would still like to know how the wiring goes to the stock system
I have an aftermarket HU so I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that Bazooka sells special harnesses designed to interface with stock systems. I think they're called FAST harnesses or something like that.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:34 AM
JK Freak

K, thanks. I'm just in that few bunch of owners that needs to keep a stock setup but want to add a sub
Old 06-11-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

The cable that comes with the bazooka tube has these wires:

gray- goes to the right positive front speaker wire

Gray/black- right negative speaker wire

White-left positive speaker wire

White/black- left negative speaker wire

Blue- goes to your ignition or switched accessory In the radio harness

Black goes to ground

And I think that's it? I don't have a bazooka tube but I do car audio install for Futureshop in Canada I'll check the wires in more detail when I get to work today. It's a very easy setup!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have an amplified 10" in my JKU hooked up to the stock (non-Infinity) system. I am not entirely sure how it is hooked up, but the install was $90 total (parts and labor) excluding the tube at my local stereo shop. Sounds good, even with the top off.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

If this is what your plug looks like, as in my previous post the wires are the same but there is a red wire and 2 RCA's

Red- switched accessory

And the RCA's will go either into your subwoofer pre out on the back of an aftermarket deck or onto a high level out put converter for factory deck. Here are some pics of the bazooka tube harness.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1410748643.jpg
Views:	1136
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	328132

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3205677782.jpg
Views:	1215
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	328133

Old 08-25-2014, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but maybe you guys can help.
I installed my 10" amplified tube (wit the FAST connections) that's been sitting around from my previous car.
I have a 2012 and the wire colors in the stock HU harness didn't really match up with what I found online. But never the less, I got it working.
But my problem is that there is no volume with the tube. As in, if I turn down the volume, I still hear bass. If I raise the volume, then the music becomes louder than the bass tube.
Any ideas on what I did wrong? and how to correct it?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Could be reversed polarities with the connection to the sub. Are you using a line-out inverter or just spliced directly into factory speaker wires, if you spliced into the rear channels then you're pulling the reduced output signal that is set by the factory/dealer based on radio sales code and VIN. Instead of making a better sound bar speaker enclosure Jeep decided to program the head unit to limit output to the rear speakers to limit the vibration rattle it causes. Some say that installing a processor for signal restore works but for the money you could probably find a nice aftermarket head unit and necessary adapters for steering wheel controls. I've been doing a lot of research on this and those seem to be the only options for improving the sound.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply.
I read somewhere that I need to splice into after the amp (rather than at the radio) and that should fix my problem.
I've just been too busy wheeling to deal with that now.

Quick Reply: Bazooka tube