Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

blinker and break light stopped but then worked

Old 09-05-2014, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blinker and break light stopped but then worked

Confused as to the problem, driving home last night I went to usr my left blinker (rear) and it didnt work (fast clicking signal) and the break light was out too, now today it works? Is there somthing loose that I should know about? has anyone else had this problem?
Old 09-05-2014, 07:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by plemmajk10
Confused as to the problem, driving home last night I went to usr my left blinker (rear) and it didnt work (fast clicking signal) and the break light was out too, now today it works? Is there somthing loose that I should know about? has anyone else had this problem?
I had the exact same thing happening just last week. I changed the bulb and it's fine now.
(Strange that a bad bulb would work some of the time. But a new bulb fixed it for me)

BTW to remove the lens, you only need to remove the two screws on the right side of the left housing. The two closest to the spare tire. And I needed a small flathead screwdriver to get the bulb out of the socket.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome thanks! Im gunna keep the bulb handy just incase it goes out again! American cars are too weird lol
Old 09-23-2014, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Mine too! Any luck?

Quick Reply: blinker and break light stopped but then worked