Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Bluetooth and latest Android 5.1.1 update

Old 10-07-2015, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth and latest Android 5.1.1 update

Has anyone else had issues with Jeep stereo controls not working while streaming music? Especially after 5.1.1 update?

I have a 2012 JKU sport, with galaxy S6
Old 10-09-2015, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Bueller?
Old 10-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Yep... I was having problems... the bluetooth on the phone would intermittently quit and restart.

I got a push of a bunch of Android updates (system type stuff) a couple days ago and now all is good again.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Jedg, which updates have you received? Since my update to 5.1.1, I haven't received much from playstore.

I'm still having issues with being able to skip songs with stereo and steering wheel controls. It mainly happens if I have Pandora running running in background while using Google navigation. I prior to update I could skip songs while navigation ran in the foreground.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by TommysHaro
Jedg, which updates have you received? Since my update to 5.1.1, I haven't received much from playstore.

I'm still having issues with being able to skip songs with stereo and steering wheel controls. It mainly happens if I have Pandora running running in background while using Google navigation. I prior to update I could skip songs while navigation ran in the foreground.
That sounds like a different problem than mine. In my case the bluetooth on the phone kept restarting and this caused the connection with the jeep to keep dropping.

I don't remember what updated, but it was a bunch of stuff (android system type stuff) a couple days later. Since then, I've had not problems.

I thought they may be related, but it doesn't sound like it now.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth and latest Android 5.1.1 update