Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

A/C blower cuts in and out??

Old 08-05-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well new ignition switch, blower, resistor and control panel and the a/c still turns off and sometimes will stay on even when i turn the key off!!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well finally figured it out, the fuse box under the hood that supplies power to the blower occasionaly was not sending power. New fuse box is $250. Needless to say I just cut the wire and put it a different power source and put in an in line fuse. Cost me $5!!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mgeorge15
Well finally figured it out, the fuse box under the hood that supplies power to the blower occasionaly was not sending power. New fuse box is $250. Needless to say I just cut the wire and put it a different power source and put in an in line fuse. Cost me $5!!
be careful just cutting and splicing wires... the computer monitors the power each circuit pulls through that TPIM and might just decide to cut that circuit off at some point.....

I realize $250 is a lot of dough.. but with all the other electrical demons JK's have? id be out getting a new fuse box instead of cutting wires.....

-Christopher
Old 08-15-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well we will see what happens, I checked out the wiring diagram and the only thing that wire feeds from the fuse box is the blower so i dont see it causing any issues!!
Old 06-27-2015, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mgeorge15
Well we will see what happens, I checked out the wiring diagram and the only thing that wire feeds from the fuse box is the blower so i dont see it causing any issues!!
How has that mod worked so far?

Quick Reply: A/C blower cuts in and out??