Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

couple audio questions

Old 12-18-2014, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple audio questions

First off, I'm going to get a new double din unit. Jvc kwr910bt. Will that give a little more power to the stock speakers and improve sound quality/volume? (I have stock system , no infinity)

Second, if I upgrade to new speakers, will that be a big improvement? I don't want to do an amp or sub, not yet anyways.

So bottom line, will that new headunit improve quality? And if I got new speakers along with the headunit will that improve quality?

I already have the soundbar stuffed with poly fil.

Thanks guys! (And Gals)
Old 12-18-2014, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can anyone help me with some insight please?
Old 12-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Yes on both. The base system sounds awful, so anything will be an improvement.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks! I kinda figured the stock system sucks....but I didn't know if replacing those would make any difference without an amp or crossovers or whatever.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
First off, I'm going to get a new double din unit. Jvc kwr910bt. Will that give a little more power to the stock speakers and improve sound quality/volume? (I have stock system , no infinity) Second, if I upgrade to new speakers, will that be a big improvement? I don't want to do an amp or sub, not yet anyways. So bottom line, will that new headunit improve quality? And if I got new speakers along with the headunit will that improve quality? I already have the soundbar stuffed with poly fil. Thanks guys! (And Gals)
Sounds strange but my opinion is that the head unit is by far the weakest link of the whole audio system. Doesn't matter if it's the base 130 or the 730, they all sound terrible. The amp is close behind and the speakers not far behind that. In other words, the whole system is horrendous but the head units are shameful compared to what are available in the 21st century.

Quick Reply: couple audio questions