Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

couple mygig questions

Old 10-17-2014, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple mygig questions

Did some searches n got some mixed info. So gonna ask about my specific situation. I traded my 07 JK towards a 15. The 15 came with the RES radio with the full connectivity package. I kept a mygig RER that I bought used for my 07 and put it in the 15. Unsurprisingly, I'm having issues w the UCONNECT since the jeep has it and the RER has it built in. When I unplugged the RES there was just the main harness, the mic and the antennas. I thought there would be a UCONNECT plug to leave undone but don't think there was. How do I bypass factory uconnect but still utilize factory microphone and steering wheel buttons???

Also I used the existing stock siri (or is it NAV/SIRI even tho I didn't have nav?) antenna and my Sirius reception sux now. Any suggestions here??

Thanks all!!

Last edited by ctjeeper; 10-17-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Digging up an old thread here to hopefully get some answers...

I am in a similar boat. I installed a '10 RER in my '13 with 130 and connectivity package. I literally removed my separate uconnect module (behind the hvac controls) and re-pinned the mic to work with the RER.

I have all of my steering wheel controls working except voice command and hands free answering. Do these buttons work for you?
Old 02-17-2015, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dmjr228
Digging up an old thread here to hopefully get some answers...

I am in a similar boat. I installed a '10 RER in my '13 with 130 and connectivity package. I literally removed my separate uconnect module (behind the hvac controls) and re-pinned the mic to work with the RER.

I have all of my steering wheel controls working except voice command and hands free answering. Do these buttons work for you?
Yes I got everything to work quite easily. There is a jumper harness u need to buy after removing the uconnect module. This then connects from the plug that was in the module and then runs up to the back of radio. (IIRC)
Old 02-17-2015, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Is this the one you used?
UConnect® Jumper Kit
Old 02-17-2015, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dmjr228
Is this the one you used?
UConnect® Jumper Kit
It sure looks like it and price is right but the description mentions the RHR so I can't be 100 percent sure... I talked w a tech to get right one. N FYI the USB jumper for port in center console cannot be used on RER
Old 02-17-2015, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah I was aware of the USB incompatibility, not a deal breaker for me. Thanks for clearing that up for me. There is a lot of contradicting information out there.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:47 AM
JK Freak

No problem. Good luck!!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Just wondering CTJEEPER, do you have a factory amp with your RER? My sound quality is ok but I'm not thrilled with it. My Jeep does not have a factory amp, and I am wondering if this is my problem?
Old 02-18-2015, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

To be honest I'm not sure. I don't have the premium sound package w subwoofer etc so I don't think so. My 07 w premium sound was much better

Quick Reply: couple mygig questions