Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Cruise Control Stopped Working JK 2011

Old 05-13-2016, 10:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control Stopped Working JK 2011

Hello guys!

Vehicle: JK Sahara 2011 stock

When driving home yesterday, I was not able to turn on my cruise control anymore.

When I hit the On/off-button the "CRUISE" symbol does not go on in the dash. All other buttons on the steering wheel and the horn are working.

Do you guys have any idea what could be the issue?

-Anniversary
Old 05-14-2016, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Anniversary
Hello guys! Vehicle: JK Sahara 2011 stock When driving home yesterday, I was not able to turn on my cruise control anymore. When I hit the On/off-button the "CRUISE" symbol does not go on in the dash. All other buttons on the steering wheel and the horn are working. Do you guys have any idea what could be the issue? -Anniversary
I had the same sort of issue and it was the multi-functions switch for the lights. I have the extended warranty so it was covered.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

May sound strange. Try honking your horn for about 15 seconds and see if the cruise works then.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had this in the past on my '08 and each worked:

1) Disconnect the battery for an hour or so to reboot the computer (it started working again for a year or so).

2) Had to replace a failed switch eventually.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

Smile Horn honking worked!!

Originally Posted by jedg
May sound strange. Try honking your horn for about 15 seconds and see if the cruise works then.
I have a 2008 Wrangler and the cruise control stopped working. While driving down the road I simply sounded the horn until is stopped on its own. I then checked the cruise to see if it was working. Success... Cruise working again. Nice.. I have owned a wrangler since they started making them again in 1997 with the round headlights. My Jeep goes everywhere...
Old 12-14-2020, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 467 Likes on 419 Posts

My 2008 has a cruise switch which is gone. My HP Tuners, JScan and a shop scanner all say so plus it just quit from one day to next. If you have JScan and do a DTC scan it will most likely show up. You have the early type steering wheel correct?
Old 05-07-2021, 05:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg

This actually worked
Old 10-21-2022, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default Cruise not working

I have googled this problem and read a ton it as well as replaced a few parts but still no cruise control. 2014 JK wrangler sport. I replaced the clock spring and buttons in steering wheel but still not able to get the cruise to show on the dash when the cruise button is pressed.
Checked fuses (M37 and many more), disconnected battery, beat on steering wheel, replaced parts, honked horn and still wont activate on dash like it did a while ago.

Any tips or suggestions?
Thanks
Old 10-21-2022, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default Cruise not working

I have googled this problem and read a ton it as well as replaced a few parts but still no cruise control. 2014 JK wrangler sport. I replaced the clock spring and buttons in steering wheel but still not able to get the cruise to show on the dash when the cruise button is pressed.
Checked fuses (M37 and many more), disconnected battery, beat on steering wheel, replaced parts, honked horn and still wont activate on dash like it did a while ago.

Any tips or suggestions?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Stopped Working JK 2011