Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Dash Cam - Cobra CDR 830

Old 08-17-2014, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Cam - Cobra CDR 830

I just picked up this dash cam from Cobra, I wanted it for off road use, but it's made for everyday use. Different from a Go Pro it is small and will "loop" video. It was around $122 on Amazon and I have attached a sample of the video quality. You should be able to change your setting to 780HD if not already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKVmnEZ4foM Easy install behind rear view mirror and I ran the cord to my power outlet in the console between the seats. Only wish that port was switched with ignition.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:54 AM
JK Freak

I have a dash can installed. I ran the wire behind the dash board to cigarette lighter. It turns on as soon as I turn the key! love the 1080p quality, small design, and hood camera! I got the
"ITB 100HD"
Old 08-17-2014, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran mine along the top of the windshield, down the A pillar and under the seat to the console. The problem with this is that the console outlet is hot all the time. This dash cam has a built in motion sensor and will start recording once it sees motion. The bad is that if you are parked facing a highway or roadway the cam will keep recording. I park in the garage at night so I'm good there. The good is that if someone tries to tamper with your Jeep (from the front at least) you will have them on film (unless they break in and steal it).

Quick Reply: Dash Cam - Cobra CDR 830